General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well at least it is a fairly prompt reply

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2016 17:19

Which makes arefreshing change. Even if it is probably computer generated. I e mailed re the problems with changing name and avatar.

Thank you for your recent email to Genes Reunited.

We are currently receiving a higher than usual amount of emails and wanted to thank you for your patience whilst waiting for one of our dedicated Customer Support team to get back to you.

Whatever the reason for your email, please be assured we received it safely and are working hard to respond to you as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, you may find the answer to your query by searching our online Frequently Asked Questions.

We also have a vibrant community regularly posting information and help on our many message boards.

If you have already received a response from our Customer Support team then please accept our apologies and you can ignore this email.

Thank you once again for your patience and we look forward to being in touch very soon.

Kind regards,

The Genes Reunited team

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Jan 2016 17:32

I think 'least' says it all :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Jan 2016 18:45

Well they certainly aren't spending their time removing the junk off the Success Board :-(

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Jan 2016 19:58

NOT :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jan 2016 23:34

I like the bit:
"We also have a vibrant community regularly posting information and help on our many message boards."

Not so vibrant when they are aware they're running this website, as it appears even a once a week lowly paid temp isn't employed!!! How much do DC Thompson make?

I love this bit of blurb:
"Members build their family tree by posting it on the site, before then investigating which ancestors they share with other members. Genes Reunited continues to grow rapidly, with over 13 million members worldwide and over 750 million names currently listed on the site. Incredibly, one new name is added to the site every single second."

Amazing - yet Trolls still Report posts willy nilly because they don't like the subject.
These are then deleted without consideration.
Spam spreads like a virus on the boards - and is left.

Can you see the tumbleweed rolling by?
Edit: I clicked on 'Careers' on the following http://www.dcthomsonfamilyhistory.com/about/genes-reunited/
and got this:
"This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?"
"It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help."

So, no career with D C Thompson either :-(

Kense

Kense Report 8 Jan 2016 09:05

They should be claiming fourteen million now.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Jan 2016 17:05

the garbage posts on the Success Board have gone :D