General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sharing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 9 Jan 2016 14:34

Hi researchers.

How can I share my family tree in its current state with my daughter, who wants to show it to my grandson in relation to a school project. She isn't a genesreunited subscriber and does not want to be.

Is there a way to do this by email.

looking forward to your advice.

Colin

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Jan 2016 17:12

Welcome to the boards Colin.

- give her your login details
- suggest she joins as a free member. Then you can download a copy of yours as a gedcom, email it to her so she can upload it to her free account.
- suggests she buys or otherwise obtains a free FH programme to use on her computer. That way she can open the gedcom you've emailed to her.

Colin

Colin Report 9 Jan 2016 17:42

Thank you. What does FH stand for, please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Jan 2016 17:51

Family history.

There are quite a number available to purchase. Some have free versions you can down load to you computer eg http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Jan 2016 14:39

you could, of course email a copy of your tree gedcom, any way,
to her, she can download it and store it intact say on her desktop, until she gets a family tree prog of her own, , which will then be available in its entirety........