General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I just made a new friend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Jan 2016 00:17

:-D

I had to renew our contract with the electricity company. First tried online last Thursday, but it froze... left a message for them to 'phone me. Tried online again this morning, froze again.... left another message.

The first message must have been lost in cyberspace, but I got a return call within 5 minutes of asking for a call back.

What a nice woman! We eventually got the account sorted, in-between having a nice blether for at least half an hour (Scottish word for chat lol)...... we got on so well, we decided to keep in touch... she has my email address (it's on the account) and will send an email when she gets home.

Maybe this is why call centres are always so busy :-D

Allan

Allan Report 14 Jan 2016 10:16

It's people like you two who make the phone queues so long ;-) :-D :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Jan 2016 20:56

lol.... I've had an email from her already :-)

We got a really good deal last year, and my "new friend" has given me the same deal! Repeat customer, paying on time, paying with credit card & OAP discount....... adds up to 25% :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Jan 2016 00:55

Okay Scozz, was this lady you spoke to, of Scotitsh heritage too?

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Jan 2016 02:08

lol Maggie..... No! She's English, emigrated to Oz about 5 years ago.

:-D

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jan 2016 03:34

Bl**dy newcomers! :-| ;-) :-D :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Jan 2016 05:29

Bl**dy poms ;-) ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Jan 2016 09:33

:-D :-D :-D :-D