General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alice Boulger & Mrs. Duncan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victor

Victor Report 22 Jan 2016 13:04

I found in a box purchased at auction a watercolour painting with the monogram A.B.

It is a picture of a lady in a blue dress dated, I would guess, about 1920. The image is approximately 12ins x 11ins with an oak frame about 20 ins x 18ins.

On the reverse is the name Alice Boulger (presumably the painter?) with a Wimbledon address and the name Mrs. DUNCAN (presumably the subject of the painting?).

If there is anyone out there who is related to either of the women and would like the picture, please get in touch. If there is no interest by 1st March 2016 I will contact the address which is now a serviced block of offices to see if they would like it for their reception area. The picture is free but you will need to collect or organise P&P.

I hope this has not infringed the guidelines for use of this site, there was certainly no intention to.

Hope to hear from someone soon,

Victor

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 22 Jan 2016 13:41

Alice helen Boulger (Simmonds) (1887 - d.) - Genealogy
www.geni.com › people › Alice-Boulger

Victor,

In the 1911 census Alice is listed as Artist so this may be her.

If you have a look at the above link you will see someone has them in their tree, if you click on her husbands name and scroll down there is a lovely story relating to the couple. :-)

EDIT...in 1911 she is under the name of Simmonds

Victor

Victor Report 22 Jan 2016 17:19

Thanks Ann,

Also if you look more carefully at the 1911 census sheet for Helen Alice Simmonds you see the last entry is a visitor, John Corri Boulger, her husband to be.

There's no mention of her first name, Helen, on the back of this picture though.

Must be the right people, the address in that little story you mention is almost the same as that on the back of the picture.

I've also found someone on Ancestry who is related and may want the picture. I just need them to reply to my message to them.

Thanks again,

Victor

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 22 Jan 2016 18:05

Yes I noticed her future husband in the house. Hope you get an answer from your people on Ancestry :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 22 Jan 2016 18:32

1939 she is in Cuckfield UD Sussex as Helen A with husband John C Boulger.

d 1951 London.