General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

windows 10 -HELP PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 27 Jan 2016 19:04

Can anyone please help me. How do I go back to Windows 7 from windows 10. I have had '10' for some time now and am really fed up with it. I just cant get to grips with it. :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 27 Jan 2016 20:49

I've not read through this myself but hopefully it will help you

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2960692/windows/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-go-back-to-windows-7-or-8.html

Chris

David

David Report 27 Jan 2016 20:51

Tell the CORTONA to revert to Win7

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 28 Jan 2016 10:00

Thank you both. Will give them a try. :-)

David

David Report 28 Jan 2016 10:29

Open the link Chrissie posted. It tell you on there.

Windows10 isn't better or worse than Windows7 just different.
I thought Windows XP was even better

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 28 Jan 2016 14:28

I would be interested to hear what you find hard to get to grips with.

In terms of "look and feel" W10 isn't that much different from W7 but from a performance point of view it wins hands down.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 1 Feb 2016 14:23

Sorry for delay in answering IGP My laptop keeps updating every day since installing windows 10 and then it makes the page go bigger than the screen size, my daughter has now sorted it for me.:) I guess I have just got so used to windows 7 and being an 'old foggy' I find new things hard to get used to. I cant go back to windows 7 as I've had windows 10 fro quite a few weeks. Thanks all for you help though. :)

David

David Report 1 Feb 2016 14:36

You're not an old foggy. Get rid o that idea. You're just being presented with the same stuff differently.

Don't worry about it. Keep us posted.

There are ways of adjusting the page and text size

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 1 Feb 2016 16:31

Thank you David. I know how to adjust the text size but just couldn't do the page size, but as I said my daughter came to the rescue. I will keep persevering with it though, lol. :-S

David

David Report 1 Feb 2016 22:07

AnnMarie, go back to the start in lower corner,
from there go to settings
click on display.
go to ststem
On that page you can not only change the text size but the page size.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 2 Feb 2016 10:13

Thank you david. Much appreciated. :-) :-)

David

David Report 2 Feb 2016 10:54

You're welcome Ann, did it work?

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 2 Feb 2016 11:50

David, my daughter put it back to normal for me on sunday but will keep in mind what you have told me for next time. :-)

David

David Report 2 Feb 2016 11:54

Ann, I feel sure you will get used to Windows10. Were you to revert to Windows7 you would see Microsoft would withdraw support, same as they did with WindowsXP :-)