General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh dear, Oh dear

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Feb 2016 00:35

Am I starting to "lose it"?

:-(

For the last hour, I've been wondering where DH is... because he's going to be late for golf.

Duh.

I just realised, today is TUESDAY, not WEDNESDAY.

:-S :-S :-S

I'm going to have a cuppa and a lie-down.... a little nannanap.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Feb 2016 00:48

It was Monday here until 47 minutes ago :-S :-S :-S :-S
Now it's Tuesday, which is officially tomorrow - well it was 48 minutes ago :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Feb 2016 00:51

gee thanks Maggie.... my brain hurts now.

:-D

Here........ it's 11.52am TUESDAY 2 February

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Feb 2016 00:54

Don't worry - it comes to us all.

The other day I was putting away a can of polish and a duster. The duster went into the correct cupboard, but were was the polish? They 'belong' together! I distinctly recalled closing a cupboard door. Not under the sink with other cleaning products. Give up. After all, it only comes out occasionally.

Eventually came across it with the tins of food. :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Feb 2016 01:05

I've got bits of dolls house paraphernalia throughout the house - and 3 cats, one of which either chews thin wire (mainly that connected to the lights coming from the back of the doll's house) or picks pieces up and walks off with them. THAT'S why I found the tiny shop scales on the stairs :-S

I though she was a cute, timid cat, (she's never bitten or attacked anyone) but she actually 'harumphed' me today, when the 'stare' she gave to give her more food didn't work!
She's now 10 years old (as they all are - siblings), but today I was SOOO glad I'm a lot bigger than her!!!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Feb 2016 04:43

We used to have a portable dishwasher that we would roll across the kitchen to the sink when it was full and dishes needed washing.

it's usual "resting" place was next to the fridge/freezer

I can't tell you the number of times dirty dishes ended up in the fridge and food in the dishwasher

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Feb 2016 06:17

lol Sylvia

I've been putting strange things in the fridge for more than 40 years.

It's the first place I look when I can't find my keys.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Feb 2016 07:10

:-D :-D :-D

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 2 Feb 2016 07:48

My 'best' one to date....

Filling the softener section of the washing machine with milk :-(
Well I suppose they are both liquid :-D

Chris

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 2 Feb 2016 07:59

A friend of mine had an expensive senior moment. She lost her glasses and had to pay out for a new pair. A couple of months later she found them..........in the freezer.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Feb 2016 09:01

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Vera. She could have given everybody an icy stare with those ;-) :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Feb 2016 09:34

Groan..... :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Feb 2016 10:03

rofl :-D

Chris ~ I hope that was a load of whites.

Vera ~ I can't help but wonder..... if your friend has really pale blue eyes... known as ice blue. ;-)

David

David Report 2 Feb 2016 12:23

I once went to the allotment with my brother. I shut the big gate and put the lock back on. Then I stops and says to brother WHOA I've dropped the keys! Where? he says here says I
So were both looking intently on the floor for 5 minutes. Then, hang on brother.
I'd been clutching the very keys we were looking for :-S

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 2 Feb 2016 20:19

I unlocked the farm gate, drove the Land Rover in, shut and locked the gate...and had to climb over the gate as I had locked myself out.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Feb 2016 22:11

9:10am WEDNESDAY

Himself is playing golf today.

:-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Feb 2016 22:55

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Still Tuesday here!!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Feb 2016 23:13

10:13am here