General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Misbehaving children in the supermarket

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Feb 2016 09:30

We've all seen them......... and probably been run into.

:-|

I blame the parents.............. then the kids.

Not sure if I would do this...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEhnRioNn08

but I can understand why!

:-D

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 11 Feb 2016 10:39

You do have to stop children annoying other people, deal with tantrums etc. - but you do have to remember (sometimes with gritted teeth) how worried you'd be if they just did nothing, didn't pick up and help themselves to attractive things on the shelves, didn't enjoy pushing trolleys around, didn't want to explore

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Feb 2016 11:00

I wouldn't have dared touch anything in a shop when I was a child!

I know for sure my father would have dealt with me!!

I can honestly say I didn't realy enjoy being a child.... I couldn't wait to get older and get out of that damned house. :-0

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Feb 2016 11:26

Why wasn't his other stopping him???????????????????

Yes, he may have a 'social disability', but that doesn't mean you stand by and watch him battering a stranger. :-|
You take the trolley off him!

Annina

Annina Report 11 Feb 2016 11:30

The woman should have poured the milk? onto the brats mother, I can't believe she did nothing to curb the childs awful antics.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Feb 2016 11:34

Seen this before and thought then why is his mother just standing there and not stopping him

The child wil never learn what is acceptable behaviour if his mum doesn't set boundaries

We have a step grandson with learning difficulties and he has come on leaps and bounds since daughter and her husband got custody of him 12 years ago . His mum didn't set any boundaries and gave in to tantrums when he was told no .

He thrives by knowing what is acceptable and no is no .yes he loses it from time to time but he than gets time out till he settles down which is usually only 10 mins at the most . He is 16 in June so there is the puberty thing to deal with now too

Remember saying yonks ago, what is he going to be like as a teenager if his mum doesn't get control now :-(

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 11 Feb 2016 11:53

i watch all 3 and think they are all set ups

1st one why did the man not say some think to the mother
of the boy with the trolley the man could even be the child father

2nd one the parents of child must no what there child is like and
would of stop him but no they just let him carry on and i think it was a family member filming the child

3rd one shop workers would nether had let the boy go that fare in wrecking the shop

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 11 Feb 2016 12:36

Our two boys, both now in their 30's tried supermarket tantrums just the once. After several ignored warnings they had their legs slapped by their mum.

After that they were always so well behaved to the extent that we often received favourable comment from staff and other members of the public.

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2016 12:42

It's not a stranger, look at the body language, you don't move closer to a child doing that if he's not yours, probably the mother was encouraging the child to shove daddy to move, and daddy played along and then thought it would be funny to tip the milk.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Feb 2016 12:53

Agree with Rose, some parents will encourage anything to post something seemingly outrageous on YouTube.

If it was genuine, the child would have been tied into the small trolley with both hands tied together.. but hey that's just me

:-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2016 13:08

Lol Sue :-)

3 things that annoy me more than children in supermarkets:

The women who stand in a 'gaggle' slap bang in the middle of aisles, discussing at length their partners, illnesses, etc

Men ( of apparently little decision ;-) ) who are glued to mobile phones, asking which sort of ham they are supposed to buy.

Staff who leave roll cages full of empty packaging in front of shelves I'm trying to reach. :-|

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Feb 2016 15:07

Adam & Eve had a spot of bother between their two offspring. One turned out to be a murderer.

No Supermarkets in those days - just an apple garden where a slithering snake caused a bit of upset.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 11 Feb 2016 17:26

I think that is set up, but my suggestion is to supply cattle prods when you pick up your baskets for just this situation!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Feb 2016 22:33

Our local supermarket doesn't have the kiddy trolleys now.

Thank goodness! Very few of the children used them for shopping with a parent........ they (mostly boys) ran with them down the aisles, screaming their heads off!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Feb 2016 23:43

Even if this (these) was/were a set-up, it's wrong.
The child is told to behave this way 'for the camera', do they understand when it's not appropriate?
They would have adults laughing at the 'one' incident - than telling them off for repeating it! :-S