General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

a wee bit breezy here

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Feb 2016 23:42

The cyclone that battered Fiji last week is making its way across the South Pacific.

:-(

The cyclone is much weaker, but we'll get the tailend of it.

We're expecting very strong winds and high tides this weekend.

We can see the ocean from our house, and it's really choppy out there; the wind is getting stronger by the minute.

Anything outside has been put away safely!

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 26 Feb 2016 23:59

Battern Down the Hatches!

Hope that the cyclone is just a simper when it passes overhead.

yewtree

yewtree Report 27 Feb 2016 03:53

Hi,
I am in Northern NSW and the winds here are very strong at the moment, remnants from the Fiji cyclone.
We are getting the washing dry anyway!

Yewtree

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Feb 2016 05:51

I'm also in Northern NSW :-D

The strong wind has eased off a little bit. If I had put washing on the line this morning it would have blown away! There must be several barrowloads of dead leaves & twigs on the deck...... grrrrrrr.... the wind blows them in, but never blows them out!

The BoM says the wind will be worse tomorrow, then make its way northwest, getting weaker all the time.

Some people have been silly enough to go into the surf! They got away with some broken bones, they're lucky not to have been washed out to sea.

I hope everyone stays safe.

Allan

Allan Report 27 Feb 2016 07:47

Back to the mid-thirties here in the SW of WA :-D

I dread receiving our next power bill :-0

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Feb 2016 22:15

Very wet & windy last night.

There's a big black cloud east of us (over the ocean), but if we look west, the sky is blue & clear.

I hope it doesn't get too hot today, the high humidity would be horrible.

Allan... last week we received the electricity bill... $182. Friends' bills are around $500.... the solar panels ARE worth it (but it will take years to return the investment).

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Mar 2016 01:47

I think it's rained non-stop since Saturday!

I woke up several times during last night, because the rain was battering on the window.... what a racket!

We haven't heard from DH's brother......... he's probably still in Fiji!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Mar 2016 22:33

still raining

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Mar 2016 23:54

If that was in England, they'd be announcing a hose-pipe ban ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Mar 2016 08:59

I refilled all the containers with anti-mould crystals!

We have two small tables outside, both with glass tops. They are under cover. Both of them are wet! The wind didn't blow the rain in, it's the extremely high humidity level.

The rain eased off late this afternoon but there are still lots of grey & black clouds.