General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anc. info.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence

Florence Report 1 Mar 2016 12:26

Hello.

Anyone who uses anc ,please! can you tell me if i can transfer any info meaning records photo,s ect regarding anc . to a relative who does not use anc.?

Although it allowed me to do it they have not recieved ?

Flo.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Mar 2016 13:02

To work successfully, they need to open a free account.

I've had this problem with a distant relative as well. It might have been because he was a registered user to the US version (dot) com, where as I sent the invite from co.uk.

The alternative is to down load the record images and photos to send by email.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 1 Mar 2016 14:09

Can you transfer it to your own email address and then forward it to your relative?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Mar 2016 14:57

That would be a gedcom which is fine if they posess a FH programme. Not so good if they haven't. A gedcom is unlikely to migrate with photos and images of record events.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 1 Mar 2016 15:10

If they have a computer you can invite them to see your tree by using their e-mail addrees.

Go to Anc then go to the Tree section on the bar above, when the list drops down hit Manage Your Tree. Then when into that go to Overview and when in Overview down the right hand side is Invie Family with an e-mail envelope.

I have successfully done this a couple of times. :-)

Florence

Florence Report 2 Mar 2016 13:10

Thank you everyone !

Most kind of you to help. I will try that PatiCprus, If not i was thinking the only way is go to her house and get my tree on her computer then she can print them off!
Only i,m not computer friendly although i have been doing this for yrs now i do not think i ever will.
My son inlaw normally helps me but he works away a lot now.

While i,m here another question as come to mind, hoping you do not mind me asking, but does anyone know why when i come on now its telling me Google will not be supporting my computer shortly? does that mean i have to change google? to what?
Flo
:-S

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 2 Mar 2016 19:55

Within the UK public libraries have Ancestry UK which can be accessed for free. They also have an excellent free App on Android which can be used to access trees you have an invite to, photos n all.

Google is dropping Chrome browser support for XP first half 2016. Installed versions of Chrome will go on working but there will be no updates. If you run XP and don't have Chrome then now would be a good time to install it. Google search and gmail will run just the same as now under Firefox or Opera. Microsoft no longer support any version of Explorer under XP.

Florence

Florence Report 3 Mar 2016 19:16

RolloTheRed ,

Thank you ! most kind of you to take the time to answer my plea.

Flo :-)