General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What a lovely gesture

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Mar 2016 07:58

Our daughter and son in law and grandson popped in to see me on early sat evening .
They were going to their monthly dinner locally for a club SIL belongs to

We were talking and daughter was saying they are looking at this summers holiday and had settled on Sharm el sheik . Egypt

Then said would you like to come with us ??

Wow that was a surprise .i said yes please , that's nice to ask me

They then said it won't cost you anything as we go all inclusive so you only need your spending money . It's our thanks for all the time you have looked after K......n over the years

Lovely to feel so appreciated . I know they are greatfull as school holidays are awkward when both work full time but their thanks always given each time was enough

So got to get a new passport as we didn't renew when ours ran out as hubby and I wouldn't be going abroad again

:-D :-D ;-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Mar 2016 08:07

That's lovely. Enjoy :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Mar 2016 09:20

How lovely I hope you have a Fab time x :-( :-(

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 7 Mar 2016 12:39

You deserve it and it is kind of them to think of it. I hope you have a wonderful time.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 7 Mar 2016 12:42

Thats so nice, hope you enjoy. xx :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 7 Mar 2016 12:47

That's something to look forward to. Passport and perhaps wardrobe to sort out. :-D

Have a wonderful time. :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Mar 2016 08:01

Well it look s like the holiday will be redirected as the airlines have banned flying there at the moment .

Dont want to go a anywhere where there are terrorist threats :-( :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Mar 2016 08:13

Thomas Cook announced a few days ago that they'd cancelled holiday (flights) until the autumn. I did wonder if you'd be affected if other companies followed suit.
It's coming to the point where no where is 'safe' and that probably includes major attractions in our home country :-0