General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding the support team

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kevin

Kevin Report 8 Mar 2016 13:52

How does one find the support team on here. Theres mention of them ,but actually finding a link is impossible. This site gets worse n worse to navigate. Maybe someone here can tell me WHY am I asked again to pay with credits to view items ive already paid for and saved to keepsake and can see as thumbnails but cannot open to view without paying again. Other times I cant go back a page without having to shut down and reopen entirely.......I could go on!!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 8 Mar 2016 14:23

email [email protected]

You aren't the first person to have this problem and you probably won't be the last.

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Mar 2016 14:38

This was GR's response to a similar query several years ago, I think the same answer still applies

"
Dear ....

Thanks for your email.

If you attach a record to one of your relations you can view it again for free as long as you have a Platinum subscription.

If you buy a batch of 50 credits, you'll be able to see it again for as long as the credits are valid. So, if you attach a census image to your tree on the 5th day after you bought the credits, you'll be able to see it again at no extra charge for another 25 days. If you buy a batch of 200 credits, you'll be able to see it again for 30 days or for as long as the credits are valid, whichever is shorter. So, if you attach a census image to your tree on the 5th day after you bought the credits, you'll be able to see it again at no extra charge for 30 days. If you attach a census image to your tree on the 65th day after you bought the credits, you'll be able to see it again at no extra charge for 25 days. After that you'll need to buy/use more credits to view the image again.

If it's a really important image you could save a copy of it to your PC and then you can view it again free of charge.

Genes Reunited Support Team "

Kevin

Kevin Report 8 Mar 2016 15:37

Thanks Rambling Rose, didn't see that when I was spending credits and saving the info............con!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Mar 2016 00:10

Easiest way to find the contact for the support team........

Wait for the Error Message :-D

There's a link on there :-S

Kense

Kense Report 9 Mar 2016 08:05

Some of us have to wait weeks for the error message.

The quickest way to get the support email address is to click on Press in the Links at the bottom left of every page. Simples.

Most of the other links also give the email address.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 9 Mar 2016 12:01

I never knew that! :-( :-( :-(

And how on earth are people supposed to guess what "Press" means, or where it is? I hardly ever scroll right down to the bottom of the screen. :-S :-S :-S

Kense

Kense Report 9 Mar 2016 12:57

Certainly Company Information is a more logical place to look but you then have to scroll down for the email address. Using Press gives you the address at the top.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 9 Mar 2016 15:31

I think the most logical place to look is under Help, which is at the top of the page.

That would be too easy!! :-|

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Mar 2016 19:26

most of us now have the email address seared into our memories, we've used it so often :-|

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 10 Mar 2016 02:19

You wait weeks for the Error Message???

Would you like some of mine???