General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frank Sinatra Jnr.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 17 Mar 2016 07:05

Just read that he has died in Florida aged 72 of a heart attack.
We have heard of so many untimely deaths lately.
R.i.P..Frank...

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Mar 2016 12:41

Gosh he did look like his dad as he grew older

Apparently his singing sounded like Frank senior too

RIP Frank

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 17 Mar 2016 20:13

His singing sounded like his father's? Poor lad.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Mar 2016 21:18

I loved Frank senior,s singing ,along with Perry Como and. other members of the Clan .

Showing my age now !!!

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 17 Mar 2016 22:55

I love Frank Sinatra too..

It is still a popular style Shirley with musicians and there are lots of tribute bands they have these days...Michael Buble being one in that style.

We have a Michael Buble tribute act living next door to my blind trombonist friend...only in his 30s.it is his main job playing in hotels,weddings,etc.
Went to see him perform at a local spa hotel and he is good.

You can hear every word he sings,unlike some singers these days.

I don't mind showing my age..in fact I use it sometimes to my advantage when it suits!..otherwise I don't always behave it!! lol

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 18 Mar 2016 20:11

This is only a personal opinion, but I think Frank Sinatra was a man of mediocre talent and monstrous ego. Most tribute acts sing his songs better than he ever did. But as I said, that is the personal opinion of one who preferred the Stones to the Beatles. And a Queen fan. And Rod Stewart. And Melanie Safka. And Bob Dylan, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly. (and, sorry ladies,) definitely NOT Saint Cliff. That has put the cat among the pigeons. Yes, I also have several Cat Stevens' records.