General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Microsoft

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 20 Mar 2016 12:42

I keep getting notices to upgrade (free) to system 10. Do I? Have noticed complaints about this over the months.

kandj

kandj Report 20 Mar 2016 13:13

So do I and I keep deleting them but I fear it will be inevitable soon. I like the system
that I have as I am used to it. I am very happy, so don't feel the need to upgrade.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Mar 2016 13:25

I have it and it's fine.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 20 Mar 2016 13:26

I upgraded as soon as it first came out. There were a few minor glitches, but they have long since been sorted out and it is absolutely fine now

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 20 Mar 2016 13:34

It's not given me any problems. In fact I haven't noticed a great deal of difference.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Mar 2016 13:43

I am just waiting until they do mine automatically. As far as I am concerned I like windows 7, there is nothing wrong with it so why change it. But I do know that eventually I will have not choice.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 20 Mar 2016 15:10

Are you entitled to a free upgrade at present and they are reminding you that if you do not do it by July you will have to pay ?

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 20 Mar 2016 18:28

They are saying free update now - but no date of when start paying . Do not like paying when I can get something free.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 20 Mar 2016 21:44

I think - only think! - the payment will be a one-off for the upgrade if you do it after the July date, not a regular subscription. Our computer adviser is going to take mine away and do the upgrading while I am away on holiday - I'll have to pay him of course but then I can demand his help if and when when I get in a muddle!