General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for possible relation in Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tracy

tracy Report 27 Mar 2016 13:07

Hi I am writing this post for my brother Emlyn Jones (lives in York) he recieved a letter a few years ago from a person in Australia looking for his brother,unfortunately Emlyn no longer has the letter but wants to get in contact if this was you or you know the person looking for a relative in York please get in contact many thanks for reading x

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Mar 2016 13:28

Welcome to the boards Tracy, have you searched trees to see if the person who wrote the letter has put Emlyn on his tree?

tracy

tracy Report 27 Mar 2016 16:04

I have Rambling Rose I am on ancestry,find my past I know its not a lot to go on but I am doing this for my brother its like a needle in haystack but have to start somewhere :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Mar 2016 17:11

well can you give us some details in case we are able to help you

tracy

tracy Report 27 Mar 2016 17:48

Hi AnnCardiff,
Sorry I can't only that the letter was sent from Australia,I think I am going to put an advert in newspapers in Australia see if anyone will come forward x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Mar 2016 17:53

Australia is a very big place with an awful lot of newspapers. Unless your brother can remember exactly where in Australia (or better still the person's name) then I think it is a very long shot indeed.

Kath. x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Mar 2016 21:14

How is this brother related to him? I'm guessing you share the same father so it must be through his mother?

Rose

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Mar 2016 01:02

Do you have a name?

Looking for a Jones in the white pages wouldn't be much help... have you thought about using Facebook?