General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Feeling sorry for myself

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Apr 2016 09:38

:-(

I knew he was toing to do this, but not ALL AT ONCE!!!\

This afternoon at the dentist......

three fillings and an extraction.

Waaaaaaaaaa.

I guess I'm not having steak for dinner.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Apr 2016 09:42

Or sticky toffee for afters ;-). Good luck with I hope it all goes well for you <3

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Apr 2016 09:45

done already..... that's why I'm being a wimp

it's 6.45pm Thursday here

can't drink without dribbling lol

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Apr 2016 09:47

Sorry misread that well it's a bit early here for me :-D :-D :-D. Be alright when I have finished my second coffee. I'll send you over one of my Granson's bibs :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 7 Apr 2016 09:49

It will be all over and done with before you know it <3

Open Wide!! ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Apr 2016 12:34

fillings on left side of mouth, extraction on the other!

face was numb for hours. OK now, have decided I don't need pain killers, will see how I feel tomorrow.

I haven't had a tooth pulled for over 45 years..... methods have improved!

dinner was 3 slices of soft white bread....... eaten verrrrry slowly.

:-) You're only getting a smile, cos I can't really grin just yet

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Apr 2016 18:54

Ouch, that was a lot all at once. Our dentist only ever numbs one side at a time. Hope it is ok tomorrow for you.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Apr 2016 04:09

I didn't sleep very well last night, probably because I was so hyped up!

Apart from being tired & baggy-eyed, and a little bit of an ache where the tooth came out, I'm fine. No bleeding at all, which is surprising. I was prepared with a new packet of pain-killers, but I haven't taken any.

Still eating soft stuff

:-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Apr 2016 04:55

we go to the local coffee shop most afternoons, and meet up with some friends.

We can always tell when one of the more-or-less regulars has been to the dentist for treatment .............. they drunk their coffee through a straw :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 Apr 2016 05:40

I said something to the dentist about feeling like Dudley Moore. :-)

Blank look. He had no idea what I was talking about.

Then I thought about when the Movie 10 was made........ ummm.... probably before the dentist was born!!!!!!!!!

Geez, that made me feel old.

I told him to look for it at the Video shop, or maybe it's online these days.

:-0

ann

ann Report 8 Apr 2016 08:04

You have just reminded me not. Had a call last sat for my referral to have 2 teeth out by sedation. Still have not replied lol Not ready yet

Linda

Linda Report 9 Apr 2016 01:02

I remember when I was seven and we lived in Cornwall I had to have about six baby teeth out but the dentist had to come out to the house and I was put on the dinning room table while the deed was done, but the funny thing was we had a aga in the kitchen and mum was airing my sisters nappies in front of it with the door open and the nappies went up in flames

hope you feel better soon

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 9 Apr 2016 04:40

hahaha Linda... your mother was probably more concerned about you than the nappies.

I remember being in hospital when I had my tonsils out, I must have been about 4 or 5; I remember a horrible smelly black thing being put over my face (the gas) and waking up in a bed with another child, my head up one end and HIS does the other! Lots of jelly afterwards, which my father thought was ridiculous.... he said we were spoled! I suppose he ate roofing nails when he had his tonsils out.

:-D

I'm good, thanks. No pain, no bleeding... and I'm a real scaredy-cat at the dentist.

I had a squooshy poached egg sandwich for lunch..... I'll wait a few days before I tackle a steak.