General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

There is no better...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Apr 2016 04:41

dance instructor or karate teacher....

than

a spider web in your face.

:-( :-( :-( :-0 :-0 :-0

:-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Apr 2016 05:23

Lol I do a lot of shrieking if that happens! That's how the spider got into my ear a few years back - urgggh!

Lizxx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Apr 2016 07:56

I think I did the Highland Fling ..... going AAAAARGH, with karate chops!

legs & arms going everywhere.

I hope you got the spider out........ and he's not still wandering about in there

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Apr 2016 11:09

When I walk out of my front door, along my side path or out of my gate, I give a series of 'genteel' arm movements. I'm not dancing, or doing some sort of exercise, I'm removing the webs I KNOW will be there - and I like spiders :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Apr 2016 11:17

I am not too bad with spiders webs but cuckoo spit.

Now that is a different matter entirely!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Apr 2016 12:56

cuckoo spit??!!

:-S

Maggie.... tell people you're doing Tai Chi lol

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Apr 2016 13:20

The larva of the froghopper bug lands on a leaf and sends out a gret lump of bubbly sticky spit like stuff to protect itself.

It is wet and slimy and bubbly and I feel a bit sick just writing this down.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Apr 2016 14:37

thanks Sharron :-D

I had a vision in my head of you wandering in the garden, and trees full of cuckoos spitting at you :-0

I had to google........ and found this ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmOZEPxEtUQ

Are you sure you would rather deal with ginormous hairy Aussie spiders than wee spitty bugs?

http://ednieuw.home.xs4all.nl/australian/Spidaus.html

In the spider article it states the dangerous ones are Sydney Funnel Web spiders (nasty things) & redback spiders, it also says they can make you very ill. They will have to update that....... a couple of weeks ago, a young man (he lived in a town about 15 minutes from us) was bitten by a redback, and he died!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Apr 2016 14:51

Story about the young man...

https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-449310299/man-dies-after-bite-from-redback-spider-crippling

That poor family.... they lost another son last year.

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Apr 2016 20:02

I m far enough away to avoid the antipodean nasties.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Apr 2016 00:00

I do that genteel dance now Maggie as I go out the patio doors.

Scozz, the spider wasn't allowed to stay long, his feet tickled something awful so I woke o.h. and he helped, first we squirted water in my ear then fished about with tweezers and finally a cotton bud flicked him onto the table, where he was scooped up by o.h. and thrown back outside.

Sad that spiders can kill, thoughts for the family who have lost another son.

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Apr 2016 05:43

On the subject of spiders & karate......

Himself went out this morning..... before he got out of the car he grabbed his hat (which was on the floor).... before he could open the door he saw a hairy leg, right in front of his face........ arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh........... a great big huntsman........... not sure how much damage he (OH, not the spider) did with karate chops!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Apr 2016 07:45

another redback spider bite!

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/04/27/15/56/young-man-bitten-on-penis-by-redback-spider

ouchy!