General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hailstones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Apr 2016 06:31

Flipping heck, just had hailstones coming down for half an hour , my poor magnolia petals didn't stand a chance

Stupid weather! We have just booked two weeks in early June for Tideswell again, might have to pack winter woollies and wellies at this rate!

Lizxx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 26 Apr 2016 08:33

We have snow today God help my newly planted hanging baskets

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Apr 2016 08:39

We have snow too. I've got the heating AND the fire on and my thermal vest is back on after two weeks without it.

Kath. x

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Apr 2016 10:27

no snow here

It's autumn..... 20C today..... brrrrrr, I'm wearing a sweater :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 26 Apr 2016 10:40

Miss Congeniality!

"Describe your perfect date"
"Thats a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th because it's not too hot, it's not too cold".
"All you need is a light jacket "

Sorry Miss Rhode Island, but, it was snowing here yesterday too !

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Apr 2016 12:11

:-D

Maddie

Maddie Report 26 Apr 2016 13:38

hailstones, it is snowing here in london :-(

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Apr 2016 14:38

There's a heavy heailstone shower as we speak on the South West Wales Coast! :-D

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 26 Apr 2016 15:06

We've had hail, plus some rumbling of thunder. OH was less than impressed when it snowed on the new car he picked up today!

Robert

Robert Report 26 Apr 2016 15:15

Lovely sunny 5 minutes here in the North East of England coast in between Snow, Hailstones and Rain.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 26 Apr 2016 15:38

We woke up to snow layer everywhere
Then it Rained
Then it Hail stoned

Now we have glorious Sunshine

What on earth is going on this April :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Apr 2016 16:15

we've just had a shedload of hailstones - garden was slowly turning white - now the sun is out

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Apr 2016 16:30

Came back from shopping here in Medway area of Kent about 2 pm . Parked up outside my house as big raindrops started, looked a bit odd though and the realised it was rain on the windscreen but was actually snow .

It had a downpour as snow settling as rain and then stopped , a bit nippy though even though the car says its 12 degrees outside

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Apr 2016 18:53

Hailstones, snow and an icy blast here. But the sun's shining now! :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Apr 2016 03:30

Seems as if you have all had some unseasonable weather. It's very wet again tonight, and still cold. Stay warm, folks.

In all the sleet and hail this morning the police caught some idiot driving at over 100 mph. Some people have no sense!

Lizx

Ru

Ru Report 27 Apr 2016 04:15

Sunny warm and sunshine in Christchurch, New Zealand and its Autumn!! Temps yesterday 20 degrees and today just a mere 18 degrees - this is not to gloat though!!
Have fun in the snow ours will be here soon enough.

Peahen

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 27 Apr 2016 08:53

We had the lot yesterday. Rain, hail, thunder, sleet and snow.

Yesterday afternoon/evening I went to work in bright sunshine. Massive thunderstorm as I got out of the car and then the sun came out again while I was there.

The hail started as I was leaving followed by rain and I got soaked crossing the car park.

Early bath and bed last night. :-\