General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Loving Husband......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 29 Apr 2016 16:22

LOVING HUSBAND

A man had two of the best tickets for the FA Cup Final. As he sits down, another man comes along and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him.

"No", he says, "the seat is empty."

"This is incredible!" said the man, "who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the FA Cup Final, the biggest sporting event of the year, and not use it?"
He says, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. My wife was supposed to come with me, but she passed away. This is the first Cup Final we haven't been to together since we got married."

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. I guess you couldn't find someone else, a friend or relative or even a neighbour to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head...

(Wait for it!!!)

...."No. They're all at the funeral."

:-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Apr 2016 16:36

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Apr 2016 17:20

:-D :-D :-D :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 29 Apr 2016 17:22

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 29 Apr 2016 17:29

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 29 Apr 2016 17:39

That reminds me of the four guys who were playing golf when a funeral cortege went slowly by on the road adjoining the course.
One of the players took off his cap and stood solemly until the procession was out of sight.
A fellow player said **That was very moving and respectful **
Its the least I could do, said his mate, ** after all we were married for 23 years **

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 29 Apr 2016 17:48

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3. That could be me Prickles I would not pass the match over if my team were playing ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 29 Apr 2016 18:04

:-D :-D :-D

Kense

Kense Report 29 Apr 2016 19:09

What is particularly funny is the idea of having a funeral on a Saturday afternoon. :

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 29 Apr 2016 19:47

Allan

Allan Report 29 Apr 2016 22:34

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Apr 2016 23:12