General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer problem ~ Help Please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 May 2016 00:58

Cyberlink MediaLibrary NT Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I keep getting the above message, & asked to send an Error Report to Microsoft.

It appears when I switch on the computer, and randomly... no idea why!

:-(

I think I picked up a bug on a FB page, but not sure.

Any ideas?

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 7 May 2016 09:58

I have never heard of it, but if you google it there are lots of sites, including several from people asking how to disable it.

Someone else on here will probably be of more use to you than I am. :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 May 2016 10:56

Cyberlink MediaLibrary NT Service is part of the DVD movie player made by the well known company Cyberlink. It is not a virus etc. At some time the Cyberlink program was installed on yr computer and it is likely still there.

Something has happened to upset the service. There are 101 things that can do this. One of them is attempting to remove Cyberlink by deleting it from Program Files instead of using the ControlPanel task.

If you have and wish to use the Cyberlink program then try just reinstalling it from the CD.
Otherwise remove the program using the ControlPanel. If that doesn't work then disable the service using msconfig.exe which is in c:\windows\system32 if you are using Vista or Windows7.

If you choose to do nothing the error is harmless.

NB: The Cyberlink program often issued free with DVD players and graphics cards is usually 32 bit and will not work with 64 bit versions of Windows.
A viable free alternative to Cyberlink is VLC
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en_GB.html

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 May 2016 14:27

Thanks Rollo.... I'll get Himself to look at it tomorrow (he's more computer savvy than I am).

I've never seen this error before... but I had an Firefox update on Friday, wondering if that had anything to do with it.

I think the error appeared at least 20 times today.

It's a dinosaur computer.. at least 12 years old, but it works fine.