General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cor blimey...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 11 May 2016 12:45

...did David Cameron put his foot in it whilst talking to HM the Queen, or what? And he can't deny it or say he was mis-quoted as it is all there in glorious techniclour. Mind you, lots of us must agree.... Discuss.

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 May 2016 12:58

There seems to be a degree of 'not knowing when to keep schtum' near microphones etc creeping across the Tory party. My own local MP has committed her less reasonable thoughts in a recorded phone call to an ex employee.It has done her no favours.

Knowing when and where to say something, or not to say it, is a skill or maybe an art ;-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 May 2016 13:06

The price of privilege is prudence.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 May 2016 13:07

Didn't he say that the heads of those two countries had said that? Apparently those two are not at all happy with DC now.

Wonder how long it will take for them to be deposed?

Perhaps everything will kick off in N and A during their leaders' visits to the UK, do you think?

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 May 2016 13:38

David Cameron was rather foolish to have said that but I think it was extremely irresponsible to have broadcast it to the nation and, indeed, to Afghan extremists.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 May 2016 14:20

It's a bit harsh on Buhari, who has only been in power since 2015 - hopefully he's more of a leader than Goodluck Jonathan!

To give him his due, Buhari says he's embarrassed by what Teflon Dave said, and Nigeria is corrupt, (he's only just taken over) but he doesn't want an apology from Cameron - just a return of stolen assets held in British Banks :-D :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 May 2016 17:02

yes, but to whom should they be returned?

Nigeria is a tangled mess of tribal alliances funded by corruption and oil companies trying not very successfully to contain an islamist terror organisation in the north. It is a hell hole.

King Solomon could not get on top of Nigerian corruption and certainly not Buhari, who has his own history and agenda of people to please.

May as well call Nigeria for what it is then. Why should Brave (for once) Dave feel embarrassed? Osbourne might have properly been embarrassed for how towing to Pres Xi but apparently was not even if Q. got a bit tetchy.. I wonder when the elephant in the room viz. Chinese corruption will slip out? I

Dave could I suppose somehow boycott Nigerian fax and e-mail. That would really hurt ... The EU is doing its bit by withdrawing the €500 note ( bot not any time soon ).

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 May 2016 17:25

I think, Rollo, if you read what I said, it was Buhan who was embarrassed - Teflon Dave wouldn't know how to be.

BrianW

BrianW Report 11 May 2016 17:40

Nigeria has two main industries: Oil and Internet scams.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 May 2016 17:54

Brian :-D :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 May 2016 18:07

""0it was Buhan who was embarrassed "
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
oi

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 11 May 2016 19:04

Been better if she had repeated something Philip might have said about the Chinese. I bet that would have really rocked the diplomatic boat!! :-D :-D :-D