General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Did a good deed today

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 May 2016 15:22

I have been storing our daughters original wedding dress which is 39 years old and a lovely lace dress sadly over the years it has yellowed

When she remarried 10 years ago she had another lovely dress with a white skirt and red strapless bodice . Have that too in storage in our loft

Was talking her about the first dress and how I still have it and she said she had tried to sell the second dress but no realistic takers , she had though come across a charity that takes donated dresses and makes them into burial gowns and boys outfits for new born or stillborn babes , it works withn Sands cot death charity

They make the outfits and donate them to to local hospitals

She contacted them about donating both dresses and they said they would be pleased to take them if she would like to post them . They aren't too far from me , about. 28 mins drive, so today I set up the sat nav and drove to the address and handed over the dresses

We both feel the original use of them was in love with a marriage, and their final use
will also be with love as a baby is laid to rest

Feel at ease with what daughter has done and I have helped <3 <3

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 13 May 2016 15:36

That's a lovely idea. What's the charity called?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 May 2016 15:42

It's
Heavenlygownsuk

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 May 2016 17:19

That's a lovely idea, Shirley <3

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 13 May 2016 23:55

Shirley, thank you for posting this information, I have just looked at Heavenlygownsuk what a good idea.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 May 2016 09:51

What a lovely idea

kandj

kandj Report 14 May 2016 10:05

How kind and thoughtful Shirley.