General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My trauma and convalescence.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 May 2016 14:03

My neighbour's son and daughter in law were here from Liverpool for the funeral last week. We were talking about my taking up my patchwork again and she suggested I look on the Abakhan site.

I have been to Abakhan but had forgotten about it and it is much bigger than when we visited.

Oh dear, their fat quarters (that boy at the back, stop sniggering!) are a third of the price of those anywhere else so I did a huge order.

That is usually the point where I start to talk myself out of going any further and don't buy anything at all.

OH and the woman next door were telling me to buy, to my utter amazement, so I did. Not only did I buy those, I ordered some I had been pondering for a long time on another site.

Those have different animals on them and, since it is a bedspread I am hoping this will turn into at some point, I like to incorporate different items in the patches so we have something interesting to do in bed.

Now, of course, I am convalescent from having a large sum removed!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 May 2016 15:04

Its good to hear you've treated yourself Sharron. If you've been pondering, you've made a rational decision. Sometimes we need a little nudge to take that next step.
Now you've committed yourself, It'll only spur you on to get down and patch :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 May 2016 15:48

It is huge already, I started it in the seventies.

OH is also recovering from threatened severe injury.

When I started this patchwork I still slept in a single bed but, as the years have gone on, our bed has got bigger.We have a six foot job now.

I had the patchwork spread on the floor because it is of a size now that you need to put the patches in the right place or it will end up a funny shape.

OH, with thought I imagine to encourage me, said " If you took that upstairs, I bet it would cover nearly half the bed."

Truly, that is not what I want to hear after forty odd years of making it.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 May 2016 04:55

Sounds a great idea Sharron, looking forward to hearing of your progress and seeing a pic later on.

I like the sound of the animal fabric, would you let me have the link pleasd?

Hope you enjoy workjng out the design and your hubby lives to see your quilt grow.

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 May 2016 08:54

They come from Cotton Patch, Liz.

Have a look under patchwork fabrics at the animal prints. There are some with giraffes and things like that on as well.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 May 2016 01:59

Thanks Sharron, will take a look

Lizx