General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

01202 281260 "HMRC"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrianW

BrianW Report 21 May 2016 09:08

We've Had had repeated "Metal Minnie" calls from this number using the name Heather Gray telling me to call back to avoid legal action over the last couple of days.
It's a time-waster or scam so just ignore.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 May 2016 09:36

its a scam

they hope you will do 1471 and they will answer as HMRC

They spin a line and ask for your bank details

try googling the number they gave BUT DONT ring em

Ignore

the HMRC would write to you is they have any queies

I dealt with them by phone intially doing hubbies probate and they never rang back .they wrote very time

loads of complaints from folks this is just one of them

http://who-called.co.uk/Number/01202281260

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 21 May 2016 10:21

Amazing ain't it! We all get attempted theft by scam via post email and phone almost daily the authorities just shrug, forget to pay your tax or a fine on time and they will follow you to the grave! :-(

Inky1

Inky1 Report 22 May 2016 19:45

Better than "ignore".

As well as caller display (BT phone line) our home phone has a 'block' facility. After receiving an unwanted call where the number is not withheld I simply put the number to a blocked list. Thus no more calls from that number ever get through.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 May 2016 20:44

Perhaps you should also notify HMRC?

We get those calls over here, and out taxation people (CRA) want to know about them, especially when you can get the phone number.