General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Healthy Eating (update)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lavender

lavender Report 24 May 2016 22:45

I joined Slim**ng Wo**ld between Christmas and New Year, I've come and gone numerous times over the years. However this time with renewed focus and following their new Extra Easy Plan.

I can honestly say it's been the easiest 3 stone 1 1/2 lbs I've lost ever. I would really recommend it to anybody wanting to lose weight with the help of a class.

I can honestly say I've never felt hungry and am eating large meals which are full of protein in the form of meat, fish and pulses with a big plateful of vegetables alongside. It's made me realise where I was going wrong; too little protein and not enough bulky vegetables had been making me fill up on carbohydrates, mostly bread, cakes and biscuits. I hardly touch bread now, yet am not missing it.

I'm feeling so much fitter now and have more energy to cope with the day.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 25 May 2016 11:50

Well done lavender keep up the good work :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 May 2016 11:55

same here Lavender - I rejoined a few weeks back as I had fallen by the wayside and am now lighter than I was when I left!!

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 25 May 2016 12:01

Ann good for you, tell me do you also exercise?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 May 2016 12:44

nope - too old to exercise!!!

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 25 May 2016 12:46

My problem and also RA maybe worth me looking
into this plan, thanks for reply :-)

lavender

lavender Report 26 May 2016 04:47

Well done, Ann!!

Do think about giving it a go, Emma. As I said, I have joined many times over the years but have found this new plan really easy.

In a nutshell, the majority of foods may be eaten freely, 'goodies' like cakes, biscuits, chocolate, jams etc. are counted (so restricted), as are bread and milk (these have a daily allowance). However, the new plan gives the opportunity for greater, quicker losses on any days when one feels like it and is entirely optional. So, whereas pasta, potatoes, bananas, sweetcorn etc. can be eaten freely, when one makes the decision to omit them, it leads to a quicker loss. It is also necessary to eat one third/one half of 'Speed vegetables/fruit on your plate i.e. carrots, cauliflower, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, apples, oranges, etc.

Icel*nd now stock ready meals made by Slim*ing World. Unlike other slimming meals made by similar companies, these are large, filling, don't contain unnecessary additives or oils and are very filling. They make them like a homemade recipe. At present they are Buy 3 meals for £3 each and receive a tray of Muller Yoghurts free until the end of the month. They will probably be offering free vegetables next month as in previous months? Some of the meals are so large they would be adequate for two elderly persons, alongside a plateful of vegetables or salad, I reckon.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 27 May 2016 14:37

Thanks for that lavender will have a look.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 May 2016 15:19

Well done Lavender and Ann. It sounds a good plan, and very healthy too.