General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Appreciation of members

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brigid

brigid Report 25 May 2016 06:16

Hi all I can't find my old thread about appreciation of help given

I want to make a comedy video to thank you all on behalf of all us unnoticed who get things wrong .

Meanwhile continue to thank people and appreciate their contributions

I.m going to give thanks and award FEELGOOD certificates to individuals so please nominate your genes member and the category of appreciation .

Helpfulness.

brick wall cracking

.detective work

.patience .explanations .personal touch

You all deserve certificates and eventually will get one

And apologies on behalf of all the members you have helped but who couldn't thank you because .
...credits ran out
Computer crashed
Passed away
Went blind
Lost the page in computer space
Lost the plot .
Got lost searching for relatives in Siberia etc etc

brigid

brigid Report 25 May 2016 06:19

My first nomination goes to joonie cloonie for excellent research work and knowledge

Continuing to do research in the face of adversity And aggravation (people starting before they.ve read instructions...and posting requests that have already been made )
;-)

brigid

brigid Report 25 May 2016 06:26

I nominate argylgran for her help with my Scots research and useful tips

To All

a blank certificate so you can fill in your own names and acheivemennt

It is a Swedish tradition to award certificates

At Christmas they write poems to celebrate family members so is anyone wants to write a poem about Chris or Sylv or anyone else

Tolerance and awareness of other cultures and non English speakers would be a good category

Island

Island Report 25 May 2016 11:18

PricklyHolly aka Prickles, for being an all round good egg.

She's like a dog trying to bury a bone in lino when it comes to weedling out an elusive rellie and is always kind and welcoming to newbies.

She's a reet good larf in her spare time too.

:-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 May 2016 11:49

Cynthia, (for helpfulness and much else) who over the years must have sent 1000s of gentle messages to 'lost' new members letting them know how to return to their threads :-)

brigid

brigid Report 25 May 2016 23:23

Reggie ..for sheer speed +

visual friendly format of posts