General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Graffiti

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Harry

Harry Report 30 May 2016 21:16

It's everywhere in our street. Those children are chalking everywhere in the road way and playing old games thereon.

All is not lost.

Happy days

While I re-live such memories, mainly sitting in a chair.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 May 2016 21:19

hopscotch - great :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 May 2016 21:45

Chalking is good, are they using coloured stick chalk or a stone with chalk in, Harry?

The rain will soon wash away their drawings etc, meanwhile they are getting fresh air, exercise and learning social skills

Stay happy, and enjoy reminiscing

Lizxx

kandj

kandj Report 30 May 2016 22:21

As youngsters we spent many happy hours chalking hopscotch, whilst my brother
and friends drew wickets on the garden boundary walls for their games of cricket.
Very simple pleasures that cost almost nothing and gave us enormous pleasure.

Happy days and definitely lovely memories to treasure forever Harry. Keep watching!

Harry

Harry Report 30 May 2016 23:16

Cheers folks. Thank you for the interest. To this oldie, Liz, chalk is chalk - sure it will wash away. Drawing cricket wickets - now that is a memory. Hop scotch was mainly left with the girls, Ann.

Best wishes Happy days

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 30 May 2016 23:47

The last time I played hopscotch was only two years ago
on New Years Eve with the kids its was so funny

I really don't mind kids chalking on my paths it was the off with the rain :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 31 May 2016 10:16

didn't a jobsworth copper try to arrest some kids for "Criminal Damage"? a short while ago........chalking on the pavement..........

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 May 2016 10:47

sounds about right

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 31 May 2016 16:31

Someone I know had a knock on the door from the local police to say that people had complained of her children chalking in the street and said they could be done for criminal damage.
Anne