General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deleting messages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 31 May 2016 17:04

Is there a quick way of deleting all my messages in my in box so i can start afresh :-S

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 31 May 2016 17:10

There is a little white box to the left of each message.

If you click on the box, a tick will appear and "Delete" will appear at the top.

You can then click on all the boxes on that page and then click on "Detete" to remove all the messages from that page.

There might be a quicker way.........but that is the only way I know.

Do note that messages don't take up any space on your computer........they are stored with GR.

Prickles. ';))

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 31 May 2016 17:14

Actually........there is a white box above the first message on the page.

If you click that........it will "Select All".......... then click on "Delete"

It saves you ticking all the boxes on that page.

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 May 2016 17:18

Be careful though, if one of them contains family tree info that you can't tie in at the moment, probably best not to delete it, it may come in handy in the future.

Margaret

Margaret Report 31 May 2016 17:23

Thank you

Island

Island Report 31 May 2016 17:31

Put the ones you want to save into folders first. Then you can delete the unimportant ones left in your inbox a page at a time

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 31 May 2016 17:57

Bear in mind that Google holds copies of all the GR public groups and even if you delete yr messages the Google copy remains.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 31 May 2016 18:49

I just don't understand why you want to bother deleting them. As has been said before they don't take up any space on your computer. I often go back to my messages when I find someone that I have been in contact with earlier. I go back to the message to see what or who we were talking about.