General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Re posting message

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Jun 2016 18:07

How do i repost an old message.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Jun 2016 18:17

Not sure what you are asking

Do you mean you want to make the same enquiry again ?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2016 18:20

Is this a thread you've created Margaret?

It would be better if you found the original and added a post to the end.

If you started a new thread, people could end up re-searching for the records already found. 'Helpers' get miffed when they realise they're covering old ground!

Look in 'My threads' to select the one you want, then add the additional information or 'still looking' etc etc.

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Jun 2016 18:44

This is an old message searching for my Brother several years ago all replies were no match so I would like to repost bur GR told me off for just trying again. :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2016 18:51

It would have been 'helpers' rather than GR. If the original thread still exists, just add to it. That will bring it up the boards to the front page. Just say the leads were dead-ends.

Anyone who originally added to it will spot your new post in their 'My Threads'
If you end up starting a new one, you'll get really grumbled at. 'Helpers', not GR employees, freely and willing spend their time trying tp help others. Its a bit like a slap in the face when someone asks the same question again when its easy to resurrect a thread.
Without being able to see the original research, you could well be pointed in the same 'wrong' direction.

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Jun 2016 18:56

Thank you I will try that. I understand the confusion I caused won't do that again.