General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Opening a keepsafe photo for everyone to view

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 4 Jun 2016 16:55

Help please. I am sure this is obvious and I am being thick but I can't find anything in the FAQs.

I have uploaded a mystery photo to my keepsafe and I would like to ask the helpers on here to have a look at it and suggest a likely date range. That way I might get a bit closer to finding out who it is. But how do I give the community on here access to it?

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Jun 2016 17:01

Click on the photo in keepsafe , then you should see at right 'edit' click on that and you will see a privacy setting, if you click there there is a drop down menu, and option to share with everyone, you then post the URL from top bar

eg

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/edit/1016486

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 4 Jun 2016 17:03

Hi Vera

Click on the photo you want to display.

Click on the EDIT button.

Go to the part that says PRIVACY and click on the arrow.

An options choice will appear on the dropdown list.

Click on "Shared with Everyone" and SAVE

THEN COPY AND PASTE THE URL (I THINK IT'S CALLED) at the top

I will post one of mine

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/edit/34891390
Then post!

Hope this helps- Jem :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 4 Jun 2016 17:04

I see Rose has beaten me to it! :-D

Lovely picture, Rose :-)

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 4 Jun 2016 17:06

Thank you Rose and Jem for your help. Have to go out for a short while now but will give it a go later.

Thanks again
Vera

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Jun 2016 17:06

Jemima your explanation is much clearer than mine :-)

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 4 Jun 2016 20:40

I've put a post with the URL for my photo in the Genealogy Chat board. I wasn't sure of the best board to use but that seemed as good as any. It seems to be working OK so thank you both for the instructions :-D