General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

just a whinge and moan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Jun 2016 10:36

Everything is about to hit me in 1 go 14th June is my dads birthday, 16th I turn the dreaded 60, we also have fathers day in that mix that I can no longer celebrate. 24th June is the 1st year anniversary of me losing my beloved Minx, 5th July is Mums death date, 11th July is Dads 10th , Not a happy bunny at the moment, but as a product of my Dad I will get through it all..

Sorry for the moan just needed to off load

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Jun 2016 11:18

If you can't off-load here, where can you?

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Jun 2016 11:30

Det it is the one reason I keep paying my subs, I love the GR community, you all got me through My Dads death 10 years ago, with out you all I would have been a total nut when I lost Minx last year, You all kept me sane (debatable) when I had to look after Mother Dear. It is not GR I like but the community with in it.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 11 Jun 2016 11:41

<3 <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Jun 2016 11:41

Uzzi <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Jun 2016 11:46

Thank you girls,

Island

Island Report 11 Jun 2016 13:29

You wanna hear my list? :-0

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Jun 2016 14:01

Island, I will happily hear your list, because I know I am one of the lucky ones.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jun 2016 16:17

You will get past these dates, but you know that. Take time to remember all the good times you had with all of them (and forget the irritating ones. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Jun 2016 20:01

Ann you are right and I will get past the days, just everything at the moment seems to be little niggles, T came home from work today almost without a job :-0 and they aren't into the summer rush yet. I dread to think what he will like come August.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jun 2016 20:02

Why almost without a job. Are they laying people off?

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 11 Jun 2016 20:29

Dear Uzzie, I can understand your feelings. Just treasure your precious memories. <3 <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Jun 2016 21:36

Treasure your memories of them when they were alive

remember lots of us were not lucky enough to have either of their parents with them until close to 60

I lost my mother when I was 21 ...... I was the one who had to call the ambulance, go with her to the hospital, deal with her admittance, and be told she would not recover because Dad was working and couldn't make it there in time

I lost my father when I was 30

I lost my only brother when I was 50

I have lived well over 50% of my life without either parent

How do you think I feel when Mother's Day, Father's Day etc comes around?

How do you think I felt when I got married without my mother there, or my daughter was born after my father died, or that she has grown up not knowing either grandparent? Or how I felt when she named her son for my father, saying "I knew it would please you"??

sorry .............. I don't often read your moaning threads, and I don't know why I read this one. But it just got to me

Be glad that you had them for so long, and have so many memories of them in your later life

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 11 Jun 2016 22:06

My dad died very suddenly, at the other end of the country, the day before my 29th birthday, leaving the complete care of my invalid mother all to me.

Two very small children and a wheelchair sure tested my strength - mentally, emotionally and physically. I survived.

My mother lived with us for 15 years and then 10 in a nursing home. I survived.

My husband had bypass surgery as an emergency. I survived.

In total, we have said farewell to 8 beloved, wonderful and adorable pooches - one in a tragic situation. I survived.

My husband now has Parkinson's I am surviving.

I thank God often for the memories of those I loved but see no longer and simply take each day as it comes......with gratitude.

I hope Uzzi, that you will be able to deal with the various anniversaries as they occur and then move onwards......with thankfulness. Cx