General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A day our family shall always remember.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Jun 2016 14:10

Yesterday; no - not the referendum but our g.son became engaged to the love of his life.

I am particularly proud of him as although they purchased a home nearly 2 years ago, he did formally ask her dad for permission to marry. Granted it and he had to promise to keep it secret for a few weeks. <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jun 2016 16:37

23June is a special day in our memory. On that day in 1956 I started ' going out with' my OH.

Congratulations to your Grandson.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Jun 2016 19:02

Congratulations to them both, Chris. I hope despite the possible problems of the next months due to the 'leave' decision, they can plan their marriage and future as well as they obviously have planned things already with a foot on the property ladder. Much happiness to them.

It was 2 years on 21st June that my son proposed to his g/f, now fiancee - no further plans so far except trying to get a bigger place to live.

Lizxx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Jun 2016 21:52

A couple of weeks ago I chided him when I discovered he would have left on Wednesday to go abroad so he would miss the Poll - he silenced me by saying 'I have sent my postal vote'.

Ann - I bet you can remember that day - every minute.

Liz - Not easy for youngsters getting on property ladder, I wish them luck.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Jun 2016 21:53

Congratulations to them both
May they be as happy every day as they are today <3 <3 <3

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 24 Jun 2016 21:57

How lovely congratulations x

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Jun 2016 21:59

They met in Sixth Form just about 4 months from 'A' levels and all I could say why does he have to fall in love now???

They have been together since then and really are 'two halves making a whole' <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jun 2016 22:15

Chris yes I can :-) I was two months short of sixteen he was a month short of eighteen.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Jun 2016 00:50

A responsible young man too, no wonder you are so proud of him, Chris.

My son's fiancee can't work atm as she has to be available for her lad of 8, he's diabetic and she sometimes gets called in to school if his blood sugars go haywire.

Lizx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 26 Jun 2016 22:14

Liz, That is a worry for them and your son sounds as if he also, is a responsible man.

Ann that is a lovely photo. I know OH came home from playing golf with g.son and they had like most men been chatting and OH informed him that if you are fortunate enough to meet the right one to fall in love with first time around - then that is worth a King's ransom. I am sure you agree with that.