General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Standard membership 19.95 year

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sharon

sharon Report 6 Jul 2016 11:15

Hi, can someone help. I joined this site on June 4th for a year and was given 50 credits. Are these 50 credits for the year as I only have 5 credits left. Do you get 50 credits per month or for the year. Sharon

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 6 Jul 2016 11:24

Hi Sharon

I'm not exactly sure but I think the 50 credits you are given only last for 30 days. If you buy credits they last for 30 days or 90 days depending on how many you buy. (Click on "pay per view" in the top line of the screen to see how much they cost).

Most people on here just have standard membership and use other sites (either Findmypast or Ancestry) to do research.

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Jul 2016 11:27

The 50 credits is a one off, you don't get more unless you buy them. But it really is a very expensive way of doing things, make sure you use all the free sites available.

freebmd.org.uk for births , marriages and deaths,

https://familysearch.org/

You can get free trials on other sites and you can pack a lot of research into a short time m just remember to read the T & Cs re cancelling the free trial before you have to pay.

and you can always ask on the relevant board here for help with a look up :-)

sharon

sharon Report 6 Jul 2016 11:41

I'm trying to find a Susan c Moules. Born in hitchin 1943. Mother violet c lavender who married a Charles Alec Moules in 1940. Susan married a James f Hodgins in 1964 in hitchin. I think she may have moved to he field in West Sussex but that is all the information I have. Thanks

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Jul 2016 11:45

PM sent with an address from 2014 electoral roll

see 'messages' top of page