General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Blimey it's been hot

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jul 2016 18:00

I really hate the hot weather, my feet swell and i feel bloated

It's never been a good time for me even as a kiddy i would have lumps and itchy bumps . Mum would say the gnats liked me.

I always had itchy lumps that itched liked crazy, mum would say they were heat bumps but they were gnat bites

Think that they zoned in on me

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Jul 2016 19:33

I don't like it either Shirley, it must be something to do with the blood because everyone in the family seems to be attractive to mosquitoes :-|

Cooler tomorrow hopefully!

David

David Report 20 Jul 2016 19:42

That electric storm we had this morning has cleared the air.
Had been a while since we had it so hot

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 20 Jul 2016 19:48

I wish we had had the storm. We had a lot of thunder this evening but no rain and the air is still really heavy. At the moment I feel as if I am carrying the weight of the sky on my head.

Complaining about the weather is a national hobby isn't it? I'm just glad we don't get the extremes of weather some countries get.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Jul 2016 19:53

We were promised a storm
all we got was 3 minutes of rain and two claps of distant thunder

So Disappointing :-( :-( :-(

David

David Report 20 Jul 2016 19:55

Where I live the thunder and lightning was followed by a cloud burst..stair rods

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 20 Jul 2016 20:13

I hate the heat too, feel crappy, and hate the sweating, worse at time of lofe too, :-)

David

David Report 20 Jul 2016 20:26

Amazing, people live their whole lives in hotter climates.
Some thing you have to be born to ?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Jul 2016 21:44

I don't mind heat - but the humidity..........

Linda

Linda Report 20 Jul 2016 23:29

I dislike this really hot weather I think due to the ginger hair and fair skin I've come to the Wirral for a few days lot cooler up here then it was down home but have not heard of any thunder

David

David Report 21 Jul 2016 04:37

If it's too hot too long it puts food prices in the shops up

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Jul 2016 23:17

I react badly to mossie bites and somehow last evening despite wearing a long sleeved top I was badly bitten on both shoulders at the back and a few other places, itching like mad despite using a good gel that I got in Crete. I hate mossies

Lizx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 23 Jul 2016 18:22

Pollen count goes up - and I go down - even worse when we have heat.

Bedroom has curtains/windows shut (we are south/southwest and double aspect as it is referred to now in nearly every room) fan going in one part of room and air cooler in another. Bought a large tower fan, arrived yesterday, otherwise I would not be at PC.

Couple of days ago I asked OH to check garden thermometer - the back is a real hot spot - it had gone off the scale (reaches 120F).

Never liked the heat even when I was younger and did not have any of these problems - I headed for the shade.

One of granny's tips and it works - stick the inside of your wrists under a running cold tap.

Jane

Jane Report 23 Jul 2016 19:03

The positive thing about having this weather is I have topped up on the Vitamin D :-D
Have been on prescribed Vit D for 3 months now.So I must be full of it :-)
I actually can't stand the humidity .It is getting too much now.I know we shouldn't complain about good weather but this is getting a bit much now .A nice bit of FRESH air would be very welcome :-D Even some rain too.The poor garden is suffering and it takes us so long to have to water everything each night.

David

David Report 24 Jul 2016 07:41

There are 4 windows in my attic upper rooms. It's like a sauna up there

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 24 Jul 2016 13:39

I hate the heat and mugginess too. I always feel quite ill when its like this, just wish I could enjoy it as we dont really get it too often. its a wonder our house hasnt lifted as we have so many fans going. Gawd knows what out leckie bill will be. :(I also run my wrists under cold water and find that helps.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jul 2016 15:24

Not hot and muggy here today, in fact I had a cardigan on this morning and got a bit wet when we had an unexpected shower when out.