General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well this may be contentious but have an open mind

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jul 2016 13:54

Last Saturday I went to a physic fair

Wasn't expecting much but we went around the hall looking at people who were offering readings by various means. tarot cards runes ribbons etc

I was drawn to a guy who offered physic readings and made my appointment .

Well the guy was spot on . He said he had a gentleman coming foreward who wanted to give a cuddle and a kiss on my cheek . Said he was worried about me as I was at one time sitting thinking I was lost and just waiting to join him .true .!!

Said I need to get out more because I have many years till that happens

Said he heard me talking to him when he was asleep and that he heard me say it was ok to go but he didn't want me there when he went ,true

Said there was a sister there to take him over ,he was ready to go

Well I lost my elder sister in 2002 and he liked her and was comfy with her

Lots more that was spot on

I never gave any info just said yes or no

It has given me lots of comfort that he is still around me . I do talk to him at home and often feel he is saying you are being a silly billy .

Whether anyone believes or not I have found comfort that he is still with me but on another level

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 22 Jul 2016 13:58

I am not saying what I believe or not, Shirley, but I do think that however a person finds comfort is OK. <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jul 2016 14:32

Thanks

Yes I wasn't expecting much .hubby was a practising Catholic who didn't believe in psychics etc

Was told that they may not believe but when they go over they often have a change of heart

Hubby did have heeby jeebies about the last flat we lived in before we bought our house in 1967 . I had had an out of body experience there about previous tenants but didn't say about it

When we moved into out own house hubby did say he was glad we had moved cos he had spooky feelings about the flat and was worried but couldn't say why

So I stiil,think there are plains we don't know about but some may be able to link in to them

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 22 Jul 2016 14:44

http://derrenbrown.co.uk/testing-psychics/

It's about psychology not being psychic. They read your reactions and keep it vague until they see you react.

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Jul 2016 15:03

I do have an open mind, and for all the rubbish cold readers and genuine but useless mediums/psychics I have seen/heard.... I do believe there are some who have a gift and who 'somehow' can get at something the rest of us can't.

Too many people who need comfort get trapped in a cycle of depending on the readings, so I think that it is fine to go once or maybe twice. But absolutely not to keep going in the hope of messages or advice on what to do in your future...that future is yours to do with what you will.

The person you saw sensibly encouraged you to move forward with your life. Do so, knowing that , whatever the truth may be about an afterlife or mediumship, it is what those you love and who love you would want for you...to enjoy the life you have. :-)

If you feel your OH is still around you, that is all you need to know.
:-)

Linda

Linda Report 22 Jul 2016 18:17

I saw one about 30 years ago I had not long seperated from my first husband but I have nothing away like you Shirley but the things he told me about him no one could have known one thing he said I did not even know but a few years later I found that was true but it had happened before we had met.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Jul 2016 05:08

I am glad you found comfort from the information, Shirley. I hope you feel the love from your husband when you need it. I strongly believe there is more than just death.

I have been recording the late Colin Fry's programmes, Sixth Sense, which are on early mornings, for o.h. He is sceptical but I am trying to ease him into believing there is more after death because his father won't be with us forever and I know how devastated o.h. will be. His father and step mother married in the local Spiritualist church and attended regularly till recently and I went there once when a medium was visiting and received an interesting message from my late mother, mentioning something no one but me knew had happened way after my mother's death. I am sure we go on in a different way after our death, but I am in no rush to discover how lol

I think you have done very well Shirley to get out and about and I think you will discover even more to do as time goes on,

Lizxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Jul 2016 06:15

It's not something I will do again and again

The once was ok for me as it did give me comfort . I won't be going around and around and relying on readings as think that not a good cycle to get into .

:-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 23 Jul 2016 09:18

If it gave you some comfort them that's ok. Shirley x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Jul 2016 00:05

You are right Shirley, not something to be doing regularly altho some people do that to try and maintain contact.

Lizxx