General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am NOT Superstitious, I’m not honest

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 28 Jul 2016 04:01

But maybe I should be. I don’t walk under ladder only because something might fall off and hit me on the head, I never stop on Chapter 13 well……… just because I never do. Now I know why, its bad luck. I don’t know how many times I have kicked the living room table leg and nothing happened ( there is a narrow space between the table and the otterman). I stop on Chapter 13, later I walk across the room and kick the leg and drop to the floor in pain. From the symptoms I read on line I sprained my toe, My foot is blue and puffy and I can’t wear my shoe so I go out with one shoe and one slipper.

I swear I will never stop on Chapter 13 ever again, so help me

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Jul 2016 08:32

Ouch! In other circumstances we might say 'take more water with it' ;-)
Is there anyway you can move the furniture so the gap isn't so narrow?

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Jul 2016 10:23

I hope you didn't push the chair back under the table when you got up because that means you won't be coming back.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Jul 2016 10:42

Dear me.!

I've never even heard of these superstitions other than walking under ladders, so goodness only knows what might happen here then..........

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Jul 2016 10:46

Start at Chapter 13 & read backwards.

Just an idle thought worth zilch.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 28 Jul 2016 12:04

I'm of the mind, what is coming for you
won't go past you.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 28 Jul 2016 16:37

There are lots of high-rise buildings without a 13th floor. Sorry, that sounds daft. :-S

I mean there is no floor numbered 13, because people refused to live/work on the 13th floor. Quite how giving it another number makes any difference, I don't know, but apparently it works!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Jul 2016 17:18

Ah, Andysmum, how do they know??????

I've lived in places where it's unlucky for a black cat to cross your path, and places where it's lucky.

One place where I know it's bl**dy dangerous for a cat to cross your path is on the stairs :-S