General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

And for my next meal

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 10 Aug 2016 02:29

Allan

Allan Report 10 Aug 2016 02:29

Mushroom Risotto

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/wa-police-target-magic-mushroom-harvesting-in-south-west-town-balingup/news-story/d1a745721132028dfa29c527dd9e8ed6

:-D :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 10 Aug 2016 02:36

on toast?

;-)

Allan

Allan Report 10 Aug 2016 03:03

If I can catch the bread..it keeps running around the house :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 10 Aug 2016 03:51

Geez, that's a worry.

I know you make your own bread..... what sort of yeast do you use? :-D

We see weird stuff like this all the time.... we live near Nimbin ;-)........ NO, we don't use any of it!

Allan

Allan Report 10 Aug 2016 04:39

Active yeast :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Aug 2016 11:04

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Aug 2016 11:41

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Shaunnie MagicWales is the leader of the gang's UK supplier. He has a plentiful supply up on his mountain ...... if he can keep Mersey away from them ;-) ;-) ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 10 Aug 2016 11:49

Please, don't encourage me :-(

I'm having a very pleasant conversation with the six foot purple rabbit in the corner of the room.

The elephant left two minutes ago :-( :-(

He had to pack his trunk for his holiday

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Aug 2016 11:52

DID THE ELEPHANT HAVE A POUCH, BY ANY CHANCE? ;-) ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 10 Aug 2016 11:54

Yes, he kept his tobacco in it :-P :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Aug 2016 12:00

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Aug 2016 13:07

When I was at college, certain students would hire a car specifically to visit the deer park of a certain big estate, where they would gather mushrooms.

They must have been worth having to waste good drinking money on car hire to go and get them.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Aug 2016 20:49

800 grams...............Hmmm.............big deal that ? I reckon...........

wonder what the cop/gram ratio for that is?

Allan

Allan Report 10 Aug 2016 21:54

Depends on the size of the cop, Bob. We have some BIG cops in WA and I'm not talking height :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Aug 2016 23:10

I was thinking of the unit, not the size...........

yeah we're getting the equivalent of police interceptors over here

you got some quaint laws over there haven't you?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Aug 2016 23:19

I tried magic mushrooms in my 'youff'. Well, I ate about 3, they grow profusely in the Shetlands.
It was a bit awkward, the lodger's girlfriend came around, and I was told not to use her 'nickname' (ie, what others called her behind her back) - unfortunately, I didn't know her real name, and the warning was a red rag to a bull :-(
I had chronic indigestion, the washing on the Edwardian airer kept moving, and, apparently, I kept talking about the 'Beano' (probably in an effort not to call 'Susie' by her nickname).
Never bothered with them again.

However, the Irish contingent from Sullom Voe held a party, and invited along the hierarchy from the place. Quite a few came.
There was one Item I, and a few others in the 'know' avoided - a mushroom dip....................

It was hilarious watching them all try to drive off in the wee small hours.
There are a few roadside fences, but there aren't any hedges by the roadside in Shetland, only shallow ditches - these were full of cars as we drove home.
No-one was hurt by the mushroom dip, nor by ending up in the ditch (upright, but unable to work out how to get out/work the gears) :-D

Allan

Allan Report 10 Aug 2016 23:34

:-D :-D :-D@maggie

You'd be surprised at some of our laws, Bob, although some people treat them more as guidelines.

Even some law enforcement officers tend to turn a blind eye, myself included.

Before retirement I was an Environmental Health Officer. A few years ago a change to the Health Act banned smoking in public venues, including Pubs.

We were supposed to enforce this by visiting the venues during operating hours, which for most country pubs meant evenings/nights.

I refused point blank to allow any of my staff, or myself, to do this. I could imagine the physical consequences of entering a pub full of drunken people and informing them that they would be prosecuted for smoking. :-| :-|

I'm not a brave man, nor am I a foolish one :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Aug 2016 05:52

You must be at least five (or is it three?) metres away from any doorway if you want a ciggie.

In areas where there are lots of bars, you'll find crowds of people standing on the median strip, puffing away like mad.

One of our local pubs has an old building out the back..... it has one wall, a rusty corrugated iron roof and some posts holding up that roof...... it's known as the smoking shed.... if it had two walls you wouldn't be allowed near it with a ciggie.

:-D

Allan

Allan Report 11 Aug 2016 06:21

:-D :-D :-D

As a reformed smoker it has always amazed me that the Feds don't just ban it altogether :-0

Probably too much to lose in excise duties, plus opening up the black market.

Any way, even though I went off topic, this thread is about mushrooms :-|

I know one girl who dated a mushroom as he was a real fungi ;-)