General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I didn't know that...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Aug 2016 06:33

The "loyalty" discount only applies to members who use auto-renew :-( .... or not........... this response from GR is confusing.........

Dear Catherine

Thank you for your email.

You receive your loyalty discount when the subscription is on an automatic renewal basis

This only takes affect when the subscription is automatically renewed however we do give 30 days as we are aware there can be issues such as the card expiring.

As the voucher is classed as a free membership and the payment details are not stored online the 30 days cooling off period expired.

You do still receive a 10% loyalty discount for being a continuous member.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

With kind regards,

Natalie Gray, Customer Support
Genes Reunited Support Team

They say I get a 10% loyalty discount for being a continuous member.... but still charge me triple the amount some other members pay?

I realise the subs aren't very expensive... and I'm not mean, but I'm not stupid either.

:-P

Island

Island Report 15 Aug 2016 13:27

Balderdash!

Honestly Scozz, I can't make head nor tail of the responses GR are sending.

It's as if they are digging their heels in just to be awkward.

PS. What's 'the voucher'? :-S

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 15 Aug 2016 14:27

It's as clear as mud.

:-S :-S

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 15 Aug 2016 15:14

My loyalty discount for 8yrs continuous auto renewal, currently equates to 8 pence per annum!

I got an email reply today to my short enquiry re gedcoms.
I asked if they intend to inform me when the issue is resolved ?

Long response over the technical issue but.... they didn't answer my question !

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Aug 2016 23:45

I've been given 50 credits most years (can't remember when it started) but I've never used them...... no English rellies.

Loads of responses from GR, but none of them have answered my questions.

:-P

6 days left!

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 16 Aug 2016 14:05

The saga of subscription rates will never be sorted it is what it is, I have been a member since 2004 and at present paying the full standard yearly rate less 10% discount !!! I too have just become a Full Standard Member with all the Benefits well there you go.. what I was before is beyond me.. Looking back my rate went up in 2009 and when I complained I recall I was told something to the effect that GR was bringing all members into line with their new pricing policy....!!!
I do not get am email to renew only "renew" at the top of the page...
I received 50 credits last year must have been a one off ...explanation re previous years..." its only for new members"..
This year I received 50 credits at renewal but next day guess what they had gone...!!!.

The response from GR appear to be standardised response letters with pieces from various ones copied and pasted together which in the main don't even make sense...

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 17 Aug 2016 10:38

My 50 credits are still there. :-S

I wonder if I can still use them after 22nd August lol

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Aug 2016 11:01

Unfortunately no - once your sub expires, they've gone. Neither are they carried over from one year to the next regardless on how you've set up to pay.

Allan

Allan Report 17 Aug 2016 11:51

B*gger!

I've never received 50 free credits :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 18 Aug 2016 01:16

As I said earlier, I have 50 credits, never used them, because I don't have English rellies .... except for my 5th great-grandfather Josiah (born 1732 in Worcester) he moved to Scotland before 1763.

:-S :-S