General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh yeh??????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Sep 2016 12:21

An Indian Summer is on its way with an unusually hot start to October forecast on the back of one of the warmest Septembers of recent years.

The Met Office said people across most of England can expect to enjoy the first week of the month without a coat as temperatures are likely to climb above 20C.

Tuesday, September 13 was the hottest September day in Britain for more than a century when the mercury soared to a blistering 34.4C in Gravesend, Kent.

The average UK temperature for September over the last 30 years is 6.5C, which September this year is expected to beat comfortably by several degrees.

And October will also begin with a warm spell, according to forecasters.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 28 Sep 2016 12:28

Bring it on!

:-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 28 Sep 2016 12:29

I shall temporarily relocate to various family members in those areas ;-)

In Wales we are expecting new growth of webbed feet :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Sep 2016 13:07

Sounds daft, but in this part of the SE, we could really do with a decent amount rain. The water butts have been virtually empty for a good 6 weeks. We haven't needed to cut the grass for about the same length of time.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 28 Sep 2016 13:24

Well it's scorchio here in North Wales, blue skies and 22 degrees :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Sep 2016 14:08

freezing here in South Wales and raining too!!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 28 Sep 2016 15:09

It's chilly, wet and very windy here in central Scotland.

I hope you're right about it being nice and warm in South Wales as I'm paying a quick visit next week for the Glamorganshire FHS Fair.

I shall bring a jacket though, as insurance!! :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Sep 2016 15:13

wellies and an umbrella too!!!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 Sep 2016 15:24

Coming up from the back of the cupboard for air. :-D

Eureka ... Found me Jesus sandals and socks, now where's me bikini? ;-) :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Sep 2016 15:26

so Jesus wore socks? ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 Sep 2016 15:27

Who can tell? :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Sep 2016 15:40

Well having been on holday from end August to 10 sept I was hoping the garden was ok

I put the cat in a Kennel and my granddaughter had Harold the 50 plus year old tortoise at her flat and he had her sheltered balcony to wander around on .

Got home on the 10th and just managed to save the orange tree in a pot from dying off from lack of water . The bay tree was wiltering

It's been a bit up and down temperature wise . Last week I was cold so put the heating on . Today I have been out and painted the back iron gate with metalised black paint to cover the rust that had gathered . It has needed a paint for some time but I wasn't able to get to it till now

Harold the 50 plus year old tortoise is stiil out wandering the patio but not inclined to eat ,
Bought a new house for him as his old rabbit hutch was rotting away and he loves it

He won't be long now till he thinks that's it I need to sleep . He usually goes down end sept onwards