General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry free weekends

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 7 Oct 2016 07:35

There I was, busily looking up info on Ancestry at 7.45 am. Got to 8.am &whoosh....
Can't access a thing.
Tried every which way to get back in, with no success.
They are having a Free Weekend, which presumably started at 7 am. I'm in Spain, so an hour ahead.
I have PAID for access to the records, for nearly 10 years now & to add insult to injury, have just had a reminder from them that my sub is due for renewal at the beginning of next month.
I don't understand why there can't be some means by which paying members can be given priority access during these freebies.
To say I'm angry would be putting it mildly & I know there will be many others in the same situation

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 7 Oct 2016 08:56

I just got in with no problem (am in UK), though I have been having loads of errors while searching during the past week :-|

I think paid members should get the free access days added on to their subscription period, so they don't lose out. Subscriptions are not cheap these days (unless you are lucky enough to find a real bargain).

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 7 Oct 2016 09:55

I had the same problem as wisechild (I'm in the UK)..... It kept on timing out trying to find the site :-| I can access it now though :-D

I agree with Lyndi with regards to free access days being added to the sub period; FMP do that so why can't Ancestry? I can feel an email coming on to Ancestry :-D