General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Little whatnot!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Oct 2016 16:28

The petrolheaded son of one of my petrolheaded friends from my petrolhead days has just told me, on Facebook, that my Smart does just what I ask of it.

It starts, stops and gets me to Bingo!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Oct 2016 17:02

One day in Paris 8e arondissement we were trying to find somewhere to park ... and there it was a Smart cleverly taking up a whole parking slot. I was driving a Merc 500SEL which needs a proper parking place. So we edged up to the Smart and let the Merc shove it to the end of the parking place BigBro giving a hint to LittleBro (Mercedes owned Smart at that time. Do they still?)
It was quite a while later we got back and collected a butterfly (parking ticket). The Smart had gone showing off how little room it needed I guess.

I have never been to bingo though I have collected my mother from it a few times. I can think of other things to do with a cinema, show films for instance.

Motorbikes should not masqerade as cars.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Oct 2016 17:19

Sharron - how very dare he!!!! :-P

Especially the Bingo bit :-| :-|

Kay????

Kay???? Report 7 Oct 2016 17:46

Thats all you need of a car,,,,,,,starts ,stops and gets you there and back. :-D.

bingo is the icing on the cake. ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Oct 2016 20:13

Large cars are penis extensions and usually driven by silly little men who need them!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Oct 2016 21:35

I dont have any cars now just rent as needed. The merc 500sel I was driving in Paris belonged to a French Mp and there you may have a point.

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Oct 2016 21:41

Sorry, remind me again. Who was driving it?

Allan

Allan Report 7 Oct 2016 22:10

I think that you may have touched a sore point there with Rollo, Sharron ;-) :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 7 Oct 2016 22:38

:-D :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 Oct 2016 22:43

Couldnt give damn French guy was over the v low French limit I had no input to choice of motor. All the same Dumb cars should not clutter up the streets. Female neighbour v pushy journo has a new Chelsea tractor I ll pass on Sh. Comments sure she will be fascinated. Last time I was in Perth ( city of the bursting prop bubble) most of the motors were several tubes long than a Smartie.
:-D

Allan

Allan Report 7 Oct 2016 23:23

Must have been a while since you were in Perth, Rollo. The CBD is dead with numerous Office spaces out for rental.

The property bubble has already burst, not just in Perth but also in the Pilbara

http://www.perthnow.com.au/realestate/news/perth-wa/house-prices-plunge-in-was-pilbara/news-story/bf85b9e8e58762f7887dc43803c4a468

And even the prices quoted are overly optimistic; a few years ago a 'normal' three bedroom one bathroom house was fetching over a million dollars, now being sold for about three hundred thousand :-0

As for cars in Perth, last time I was there (three weeks ago) even at the peak evening rush hour there were very few cars to be seen. That could be related to the number of office vacancies so I can't gauge the size of them. Suffice it to say, there were very few four wheel drives.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 8 Oct 2016 00:50

The last time I was in Perth, Australia the cars were equivalent to those seen in large cities in the UK. The public transport system was great and actually reasonably priced, clean and the trains ran on time. Getting into the city from Mossman Park we did drive to the station but always caught buses and trains for local travel.

Of course, Rollo could have been referring to Perth, Scotland.

Allan

Allan Report 8 Oct 2016 01:38

Pretty sure it's Perth WA :-D

Despite his niece living in Australia, Rollo can't resist having a dig at the Country, particularly Perth.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Oct 2016 01:41

Well, it's not France, is it?