General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old Ladies Grrrr!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Oct 2016 12:51

OH is a volunteer driver for the village mini-bus (I don't feel ready yet). He sometimes is rotaed to pick up the ladies for the old people's club (I go). It is all women but doesn't have to be, in fact there were a lot of male members in it's heyday.

This week we managed to take them on two outings which is really not much more than going to a garden centre for a cup of tea but it is an outing.

The first time this week the mini-bus would not start and needed a new battery so, rather than delay things too long, I picked up a couple of the ladies and took them to the car park. Still we had one complain because she had had to wait.

All bar this one say 'Thank You' when they get off. She said she had banged her ankle instead. The tea-room was not decorated to her taste.After much deliberation, we went to a lavender farm shop. The one they had not wanted to visit because the farm offers walking tours and they didn't want to have to do that! So why would they be asking the manager with such interest about the tours then?

One place we have taken them to in the past had a different one of the ladies complaining because her home made sausage roll was TOO BIG!

Well, I don't suppose we will ever get it right and no doubt they have been out too much this week but I suppose we had better carry on trying.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Oct 2016 13:04

:-D :-D :-D :-D
I suppose if they can't think of anything to say, a moan, is at least 'communicating'! :-S

My brother drives a community bus.
One lady, who needs help into the bus, invariably answers the door naked!!
'Oooh' she says, 'Is it that time already?', and has proceeded to ask my brother in, to help her dress. His response is 'Err, no, I'll stay here on the doorstep.' (in full view of those already in the bus!).

He's also had to arrange for a 'shopper' to go around with one lady, as she had a habit, once she'd paid for her shopping, to 'pick things up' on her way out, in the belief that, as they were past the checkout, must be free (apparently).
The manager was very understanding, and didn't charge her with shoplifting, but, at my brother's request arranged for the assistant to walk around with her, to avoid future 'misunderstandings'.
The lady loves it!! :-D :-D