General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Saving Photos from iPad to PC

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Nov 2016 16:42

OH now has one of those ipad thingies and an iPhone.
I store all our photos on the PC.
When she just had an "ordinary" phone I could link the phone to the computer using Bluetooth and just copy photos across.
Bluetooth doesn't seem to join up so well to the iPad and new phone so I am experimenting with dropbox for the ipad but is there a recommended simple way to do the transfer from those two devices?

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Nov 2016 17:32

enter the following into Google search and follow the instructions at the top of the page

transfer images from ipad to windows

If yr OH has a spanking new current model iPad it may not have USB - in that case you will need to buy a USB to Lightning converter.

Apple live in a world where only Apple exists and even then you need to be up to date not so very 2014 for instance. Their v expensive monitors for instance only work with (some) Apple computers.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 1 Nov 2016 18:51

I am a techie dumbo.

So what I do with my new smart phone is to upload my photos from my phone to GR Keepsafe then download them to my computer from there lol! :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Nov 2016 19:09

Email them as attachments to you or herself, then pick up the email on the PC?

Does your internet provider have a 'cloud'? We can upload from the Ipad to that, then access on the PC. We've only done so once as an experiment, but have the otherway round. That's so we can take the Ipad out with us to show relatives our snaps.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 1 Nov 2016 19:28

I do the same as Det.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Nov 2016 19:42

Email them to yourself . Job done lol

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 1 Nov 2016 19:51

Place them on FB and click "only you" to see them.

Then save them.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Nov 2016 21:25

I email them to me aswll.