General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just been watching...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 5 Nov 2016 19:31

A really good firework display on the rec at the end of our road. It was well organised and went on for a good long while - one of the best I've seen for a while. I had a free seat (kneeling on the bed in a spare bedroom) and I didn't get cold. What could be better? :-D

It was only £1.50 for paying customers so a family of, say, four got a really good show for £6.

Mind you, the fireworks were having a hard job competing with my neighbour's Christmas lights. I expect he'll put the sprouts on to cook soon :-D

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 5 Nov 2016 19:43

We have an organised one each year in our village, with all proceeds shared out locally. £1 to get into the field. I put my coat on & watch from our garden.

The Sussex Bonfire Boyes have bands & decorated floats.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Nov 2016 22:19

From the angle of my house, I can see - nothing! :-\

Well, I could probably see some of the pathetic 'displays' that have been going on in back gardens since 5pm - and are still going on, but I have to keep all lights on so the cats don't see the flashes, and TV loud, purely so I can hear it :-|

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Nov 2016 22:30

None round here at all, very quiet. A few I could see in the distance but only small ones in gardens.