General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

That will teach me.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Nov 2016 21:41

I am no domestic goddess and the front room is a bit of a slum at the moment, needs a good Hoover, needs a good dust, needs a load of clutter sorted out and stored properly.

We live with it and appear to have survived but it is not the ideal place to invite guests into at the moment.

Yesterday I was all ready to go to the old biddies club to get the Christmas lunch under control, was sorting out the banking on the computer and thinking about tidying up a bit before I went out. Then comes the knock on the door.

It was one of the ladies wanting a lift because her arrangement to get there had changed.

Well, that woman is the widow of a gypsy so you can imagine what her caravan is like, a veritable palace. So, that was it, straight out, couldn't invite her in to that. Tidying up was out of the question.

I was not going to sort out junk when I came home so I left it for the morning.

Oh yes, leave it for the morning. Did that and , as soon as I came downstairs (at the crack of lunch as usual), there he was, on the doorstep, the bloody meter reader.

My shame is complete. I will get it all done........tomorrow.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 10 Nov 2016 22:01

Sounds exactly like our house.........lived in is what I call it, it ain't a palace, and as you say tomorrow x.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Nov 2016 22:08

Life's too short - and dust rarely kills anyone!!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Nov 2016 23:11

I always tell people 'I don't come to check out your house, but to see you'

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Nov 2016 23:19

Yeeees. My sister said that before she came to mine today.
I HAD cleared a lot of stuff off the table, but this seemed to leave even more mess, and the gaps meant Betty (cat) could walk over the table as we ate lunch....

I did point out that, unlike the late Mister cat, Betty wouldn't try to eat the lunch, or 'head butt' whilst purring furiously and, (because of Dracula-type teeth) dribble in my sister's food.....

......but it may be a good idea to watch that big fluffy tail, and her soup.....

Edit: just like to say NO cat is encouraged to get on the table, and once they're used to someone, they don't bother....
It appears to be a 'trial of tolerance'.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 10 Nov 2016 23:22

Same as me Liz, I think I may be the most unmaterialistic person I know.