General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yeah Uzzi is back on site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 10 Dec 2016 02:25

Not for long, or not that much. For those of you who don´t have me on facebook and not now totally bored with me. what I have been doing for the last X months is saving lives and re-homing abandoned dogs. Remember June 2015 when my Minx died and I would never ever have another dog . Mini was going to be an only child --
Well I still have Mini, she is now 15 and rather doddery and possibly getting senile. and I have Pippi an 8yr old dumped in a shelter cos her Mam died and hubby got a new tart who didn´t want her, Took her home for good on the 17th June, not going to forget that date. AND then there is Petra a 5yr old chipin arrived in August from a perrera , (kill station) . Yeah no more dogs I said, I´ll just work for the shelter I said.
I still work my guts out for the shelter , re-homing and fund raising, I admin their fb page and I will tell you all now it´hard, very hard because I get to know these dogs and I feel I let them down each day I don´t do something for them. Then a little one like Tessa comes in 2.5k and 4mth old and I can´t have 4 and I won´t have a young one.
If you would like to visit our page https://www.facebook.com/SupportAbandonedDogsPAPSMurciaSpain/?fref=ts
Thank you xx

Mersey

Mersey Report 10 Dec 2016 10:54

~~~~~~s to Uzzi :-D :-D <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Dec 2016 18:34

No surprise that you take all these dogs to your heart Uzzi, and that you have given a home to Pippi and Petra. Your Minx obviously sent strong feelings to you from Rainbow Bridge to get you to open your home and life to help the dogs who weren't loved as she was.

Lizxx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 11 Dec 2016 21:17

When Benson died on Easter Sunday
I said no more Dogs
But by the following Wednesday
We got Dobby a gift from my lovely family
I like to think Benson send Dobby to mend our broken hearts

Maybe Minx did the same :-D :-D

Well do to you for giving the girls really great new forever homes :-D <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Dec 2016 23:24

Well done, Uzzi.
Not an easy job, but it must be so heartening when a scared dog starts to trust you, and when they realise not all humans are horrible.

I have a friend (my cat feeder/cuddler when I'm away), who works for a small cat charity.
She takes the extremely elderly, and undoubtedly grouchy, ill and obnoxious cats into her home, to live the last few years of their lives in a loving home.
She spends a lot of her time clearing up wee!! :-D :-D

She says she finds feeding my cats - relatively young at 10 years old - a pleasure - they're friendly, don't bite, love a cuddle and rarely have 'accidents' :-D :-D :-D