General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

3 years ago.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 10 Dec 2016 23:25

I had a very poorly great granddaughter who wasn't expected to live and I just had this photo sent to me how she is now..
She is such a smiley child .
Thanks for all your thoughts. And prayers <3 <3

lavender

lavender Report 10 Dec 2016 23:29

How absolutely wonderful!, <3 <3

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 10 Dec 2016 23:37

Brenda
What a lovely photograph that is so nice to see

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 11 Dec 2016 00:02

How lovely to see this! <3

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 11 Dec 2016 00:37

Wonderful Brenda.

That bought a tear to my eye.

Bless her cotton socks. x

<3 <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Dec 2016 11:18

Bonny little Girl Bless Her Brenda .x Barbra <3

Fly

Fly Report 11 Dec 2016 11:26

How lovely Brenda <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Dec 2016 13:15

Lovely photo Brenda, I remember that time for you well. So pleased she has so obviously flourished. <3 <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Dec 2016 15:16

How absolutely wonderful that she is doing so well after the traumatic time you all went through.

Sue <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Dec 2016 15:22

What a lovely smile.

It's a joy to see her doing so well now.
I remember your posts about her.

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 11 Dec 2016 16:38

They did very well at the .Royal Manchester Children's hospital,which she still attends.

She uses an inhaler and they have to keep her away from colds etc. She is tiny for her age,in fact she is much lighter than her younger cousins.she is in bed before others and ever so good, and doing quite well at preschool.
We have today's treatments these days to thank for this,even if we have a moan now and again about the health service...it's not all bad it is overloaded and not run as efficiently as we think it should ,but they do have a lot of successes!

<3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Dec 2016 18:07

Oh she's delightful, what a success story she is. I hope life continues to go as well as possible for her

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Dec 2016 23:30

Lovely news, Brenda - she looks such a cutie <3 :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 12 Dec 2016 02:30

How wonderful xx :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 12 Dec 2016 09:16

That's wonderfull news Brenda. Makes all the heartache worthwhile.

She has lovely smile.

<3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 12 Dec 2016 09:45

Good news Brenda <3 <3 <3

Von

Von Report 12 Dec 2016 10:03

Great news Brenda. <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 12 Dec 2016 16:33

I am glad that she is coming on so well Brenda. We went through it at the same time.

My grandaughter is doing well for her condition. She is still tube fed and can't walk yet. She doesn't talk. but did say mama which was lovely. She is doing very well at sign language so can make herself known. It is hard when you know that she is never going to be able to do the things her older sister can, but she is a cheery little thing and all love her.

Mersey

Mersey Report 12 Dec 2016 17:16

Such lovely news <3 <3

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 12 Dec 2016 19:02

Yes we did Linda.
I think we are very fortunate in that Katie is able to live a pretty normal life.she is so loving and holds her hands up to you.her temperament is calm,don't think she has tantrums.
I always think that people in general who have suffered,be it children or adults,are the ones who take things in their stride.
I do hope that Esme improves and gets on well with her sign language.
I bet hearing her say mama was great for you to hear.maybe as medical research gets better they may find more ways of communication.
Will she always have to be tube fed?
Our Katie has a big scar across her back where she had the operation to remove part of the lung and her hand is a bit deformed wher the tubes were,but she eats quite well and plays with the other children,so we feel blessed that she copes as well as she does.
Thanks again to everyone for thinking of us <3 <3