General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Binnersley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Antony

Antony Report 14 Dec 2016 19:31

While doing my family tree, I have noticed people have been adding me and my family to their tree. When I've messaged them, they don't reply. This is very annoying.
Fay binnersley :-(

Kay????

Kay???? Report 14 Dec 2016 19:47

If its on this site and they are living people then GR if asked will remove the names that you object to ,if the people are deceased of the names then they are at liberty to add them to any tree as they wish..

contact

[email protected]

Antony

Antony Report 14 Dec 2016 19:52

How do I contact them?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 14 Dec 2016 20:01

copy it out into an email address bar and write to GR.

you also look in Terms&Conditions and find it on this site.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 14 Dec 2016 20:04

They are probably "name collecters" There are a lot of them about. If they find even a tenuous link they will incorporate it in to their tree. If you find a tree with thousands of names, don't trust anything on it without documentary evidence. I have found several of my ancestors in other people's trees, with all sorts of dodgy information. They even copy your photos. I have my tree on the "other" site hidden.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Dec 2016 20:16

If tree owners haven't replied after a couple of weeks, they are probably lapsed members.
Genes never remove trees just because the account is dormant. We know for a fact that certain members have passed away but their trees remain.

Antony

Antony Report 9 Feb 2017 19:00

Thank you for your help