General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Be safe take the bus x

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 16 Dec 2016 11:46

I would like to share a personal experience with you all about drinking and driving.
As you know,some of us have, I'm sure had brushes with the law from time to time often on the way home after a social session with friends and family.
Well two days ago this happened to me.
I was out with friends and had more than a few pints and a few Bacardis.Although relaxed I still had the common sense to know I was over the limit. So I did something sensible and I took the bus home.
Sure enough on the way home I saw police stopping and breathalising people but they waved the bus through and I arrived home safely and without incident.
This was a real surprise to me, as I've never driven a bus before and now it's on the drive and I don't know how to return it without getting in trouble... Any ideas ?????

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 16 Dec 2016 11:51

Pmsl.........

:-D :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 16 Dec 2016 11:55

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Don't let Stray drive one...... :-0 :-0 :-S :-S

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Dec 2016 11:56

'spose you COULD wrap it in chrissie paper......???

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 16 Dec 2016 11:59

That's a lot of paper Bob
She is a good little driver now Malc :-D :-D

Tawny

Tawny Report 16 Dec 2016 12:46

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Dec 2016 14:54

:-D :-D :-D :-D ;-) ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 Dec 2016 16:14

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Dec 2016 17:06

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 17 Dec 2016 19:22

Sensible decision to drive, you were obviously in no fit state to walk.

Linda

Linda Report 17 Dec 2016 19:33

:-( :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 18 Dec 2016 11:01

pmsl . you had me going then . love it................Have a happy Christmas and New Year.xx

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 18 Dec 2016 11:01

pmsl . you had me going then . love it................Have a happy Christmas and New Year.xx

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 18 Dec 2016 13:32

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-38356810

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 18 Dec 2016 15:14

Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year Mary
and everybody else :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Dec 2016 15:28

On Irish TV & newspapers at the moment, there is a very simple to understand advice advert concerning drinking & driving.

It contains one photo of 4 different vehicles lined up neatly on the road. Vehicle 1 is a Taxi. Vehicle 2 is a police car. Vehicle 3 is an ambulance & vehicle 4 is a hearse.

The powerful caption at the bottom of the photo simply enquires - 'Which of these vehicles is taking you home from the pub tonight?'