General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Dec 2016 21:28

Yesterday morning, I put the tree up, and just put the lights on, as I was having the grandsons today, and they like to decorate it (with unbreakable baubles) :-D

Yesterday afternoon, I put the tree up again.
Betty cat decided she 'needed' some attention, and carefully, gently chewed the light wires (whilst looking straight at me), when this resulted in my saying very sternly 'No', she decide to take a closer look at the branches - and pulled it over :-|

Just like to say, there's absolutely no evidence she chews wires when I'm not here - what's the point if she can't stare at me defiantly and get a reaction?

Tawny

Tawny Report 17 Dec 2016 21:35

:-D :-D Typical cat. Always looking for attention

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2016 22:30

It could have been a shock for her :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 17 Dec 2016 22:47

I always have a very large real tree
Scarlett one of my Cats always climbs up it and hided
every year without fail
So I have a screw on the dado rail
and I anchor my tree to it before she does :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Dec 2016 00:05

Betty was not so 'forward' before, and had never pulled the
tree over in all her 10 years!
I had 3 cats, 2 male and Betty - all siblings.
The dominant male, Mister had to be put down in August, so the whole dynamic is changing.
As George and Betty were subservient to Mister, but equal in status, it's left an interesting situation.
George is having to learn to vocalise - he always gave almost silent 'meows' before, he's also actually getting bigger - helpful when having to 'deter' interlopers (mainly next doors cats who poo ON my grass) and Betty is behaving more like her alter-ego - Violet Elizabeth Bott!!! (Betty is very small - a midget in the cat world - this doesn't stop her, but she tries to use it to her advantage)

She actually went to bite George - then made noises like he was killing her - when all he'd done was 'bop' her with his paw! I saw this - I retaliated with a good verbal chastisement - and laughter. She knows she's been 'sussed'.

So, there's now the situation of Betty believing she can behave as badly as she likes, and poor George (always too soft for his own good) having to 'Stand up to the Plate'.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 18 Dec 2016 15:12

So sorry you lost Mister
My three have spats
Steve's the Baby and wants to play all the time
Touchwood is to posh to play Because she is a Princess
when she is asleep Steve goes up and gently pats her with his paw
she wakes up in a massive moody
and beats him up squealing the house down as if he is killing her

Scarlett just takes it all in her stride and ignores them :-D :-D

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 18 Dec 2016 19:04

Is that a Geordie word, "hided"?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Dec 2016 23:02

It's a word, Bob. Another (legitimate) word for hid - even I know that, and I'm not a Geordie - so no, it's not a Geordie word!! :-D

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 19 Dec 2016 19:30

Thank you Maggie, I am always willing to learn. That is another word to add to my vocabulary.