General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rick Parfitt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 24 Dec 2016 15:34

2016 is still claiming people - Rick Parfitt has died in Spain.

RIP Rick I loved Status Quo - thanks for the music.

YG

YG Report 24 Dec 2016 15:44

So very sad and I loved their music too.

What a dreadful year for losses of our favourite celebrities.

RIP Rick <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Dec 2016 16:19

How sad.

I saw the Quo many many years ago at an open-air concert and I've liked them ever since. The best fun I'd had in a long time so thank you Rick and RIP.

Island

Island Report 24 Dec 2016 16:32

I can't say I 'm surprised, his health was not good of late.

Sad for his family and friends none the less.

2016 may be a bad year for 'celebrity' deaths but remember, as far as we know each family has lost one loved one. Some 'unknown' families lose several loved ones in one year.

I was surprised that Zsa Zsa Gabor didn't get a mention.

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Dec 2016 17:44

So Sad loved Status Quo .as you say Pat Thank you for the music RIP Rick <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Dec 2016 22:25

I saw Quo at Carrow rd stadium in 1997 with an old friend of mine, sadly she's no longer with us. Rick still had things he wanted to do, so sad he couldn't have more time. Thoughts for his family and friends. Rest in peace, Rick

Lizx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Dec 2016 22:42

I saw Quo at Carrow rd stadium in 1997 with an old friend of mine, sadly she's no longer with us. Rick still had things he wanted to do, so sad he couldn't have more time. Thoughts for his family and friends. Rest in peace, Rick

Lizx

Island

Island Report 24 Dec 2016 22:57

You saw the Quo twice Liz? Lucky you :-D

Linda

Linda Report 24 Dec 2016 23:34

Rest in peace Rick another great gone and we still have one week of the old year
left

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Dec 2016 16:09

I knew all was not good when only Francis Rossi played at a Status Quo gig at our nearby Rugby Stadium recently.

I stood listening to it on my back doorstep, and all though it sounded great, you could tell Rick was missing as Francis belted out all their hits.

RIP Rick <3